Which keyboard do you prefer?

Which is your favourite keyboard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious to know which keyboard you use?

I love and adore Gingerbread. Fast and accurate - and the suggested strip/display is to die for. Work flawlessly on my EVO.

Check the box above to indicate your favorite.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Subscribed. This will be helpful! The Favorite app/widget/weather polls were a great help when deciding which to check out.

netposer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I like Smart Keyboard since it's the only one I have found that has a true "Auto text" feature on par with the Blackberry version.

I enter a word and then enter a word or phrase to replace that word to save keystrokes later.

For example:
When I type "msa" it replaces it with the number and street name of my address.

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Swiftkey does the job for me. Gingerbread has a really good keyboard as well, used it off/on for a few weeks when it was released.

igobytony

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Ultra keyboard. It's fast and accurate; has a great swype-like tracing feature; can create shortcuts like was mentioned above; the punctuation is as easy as long pressing a key, and not as much of a pain to get to as on other kbs (looking at you, gingerbread). And it is fully customizeable in about anyway you can imagine. I've got the sickest looking keyboard, and the key sizes even were changed to maximize screen space and still be big enough to hit. Hell, it even has gimmicky stuff like turning on the back camera so you can see through the phone like in the Engadget article the other day.

I keep trying new keyboards, and have five on my phone right now, but ultra is the one I always go back to. And quickly; I can't usually go much over three tweets or a couple ims before I'm jonesing for it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

UltraDroid

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I usually stick with the stock keyboard, since most of the roms and themes I've tried lately do a pretty good job of theming the stock keyboard to match the overall theme. I've tried Better Keyboard too, and that one has a number of really nice skins for free, on the market. I'm rather OC when it comes to having my keyboard match my theme. he-he...

irish22022

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
i'm a smart keyboard fan. i love the transparency, and auto text, and touch points.

Random question: does anyone play what the doodle with smart keyboard? I can't seem to actually type a guess in the field. It's very frustrating. Anyone have advice?

Aspiring Developer

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I tried 8pen. I didn't like the constant circling. It's best feature was define a gesture to output any text you want.

I tried Graffiti. It's probably good on something other than my Nexus One. (It keeps getting a "started touch from some place I haven't touched" bug)

Right now I'm checking out SlideIT. I don't slide with slide it, but I like this Keyboard the best. Mainly for it's dictionary. Adding and subtracting words is as easy as setting your cursor in the word and choosing + or -
I don't have to choose between microphone and comma, both are on the main keyboard screen. It has many smileys to choose from. Long press raises the alternate key (no need to shift)

JuniorWWT

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Shapewriter! I'm pretty sure I've tried them all. Definitely have tried all the popular ones and Shapewriter is the faster and most accurate.

kcrave22

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
What's the name of the gingerbread keyboard y'all use? The one I had was simply called "gingerbread keyboard". I LOVE the layout of the keyboard but that particular app was buggy IMO.

Disaster

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
What's the name of the gingerbread keyboard y'all use? The one I had was simply called "gingerbread keyboard". I LOVE the layout of the keyboard but that particular app was buggy IMO.

In Market it is called "Gingerbread Keyboard Nexus S", by Popfizz. On the phone is it called GingerKeyboard version 2.1. No bugginess so far on Sprint Optimus S. Biggest issue is size....4Mb and must stay in internal memory.

There is also "Keyboard from Android 2.3" by Stevin Lin, but I haven't tried that one. It says it's 4.27Mb, version 1.0.10, but can be moved to the SD card (woops...removed from recent update because of issues.)

Last edited:

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Portrait - Swype
Landscape - SwiftKey (Smart Keyboard a close second).

In portrait mode, I prefer Swype. Some of the qwerty keyboards are a little to small for my fingers in portrait mode, but my fingers can fly using Swype.

In landscape mode, my fingers don't seem to flow as well with Swype. I guess it is finger-memory on the smaller (portrait) Swype keyboard. I do a lot better just typing things out with my thumbs. I keep going back and forth between SwiftKey and Smart Keyboard. With SwiftKey, I keep watching the word bar and can move pretty quickly. With Smart Keyboard, I tend to watch my fingers more, so that slows me down a tiny bit, but autotext does help to speed up typing.

I haven't rooted yet, but once I do, I'll add in Keyboard Manager so I can have keyboards switch depending on orientation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci