Are you having any issues with SwiftKey post them on here and let us know.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    09-28-2015 08:10 PM
    Hmm.. Is handwriting coming back to SwiftKey? And if so, will it be a more accurate one?
    Mithem Alhaji likes this.
    09-28-2015 08:13 PM
    I actually don't remember SwiftKey having handwriting recognition before. I've posted a question about it on the SwiftKey forum and some other users don't remember SwiftKey having it either. They did mention Samsung keyboard having the feature, are you sure you weren't thinking about the Samsung stock keyboard perhaps from one of their galaxy note devices? That's the only device I remember having that feature that also uses SwiftKey.

09-30-2015 11:11 AM
    I actually don't remember SwiftKey having handwriting recognition before. I've posted a question about it on the SwiftKey forum and some other users don't remember SwiftKey having it either. They did mention Samsung keyboard having the feature, are you sure you weren't thinking about the Samsung stock keyboard perhaps from one of their galaxy note devices? That's the only device I remember having that feature that also uses SwiftKey.

No, it had it a while back. I tried it with my Note 2 but went back to the Samsung keyboard for handwriting because it was so much better.

It could have been on a Beta version, because I have done beta testing a few times.
    09-30-2015 11:25 AM
    I really wish when finishing a word using flow the backspace key cleared when pressed and immediately released. Right now I have to hold down on the backspace to delete the entire word and it makes for some pretty extended word entries at times (using flow). Swype and Touchpal both delete the entire word with a single quick press. I also liked Swype's drag-left to backspace the previous word, even if you were already spaced ahead.
    10-05-2015 02:16 PM
    I use the double-tap for period, but then when I try to put two spaces after the period (as I was taught was proper) it does period, space, period.

Very annoying, I wish it would allow for proper double-spacing after using the double-tap for period.
    VZWsucks likes this.
    10-08-2015 12:56 PM
    I use the double-tap for period, but then when I try to put two spaces after the period (as I was taught was proper) it does period, space, period.

Very annoying, I wish it would allow for proper double-spacing after using the double-tap for period.
    That was used when typewriters were used, but is considered outdated. http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/...paceorTwo.html

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    10-08-2015 01:09 PM
    That was used when typewriters were used, but is considered outdated. One Space or Two?

Well ****, I'm not that old. Lol

I was taught this in my typing classes and for English class (reports and such). I'm only 30 FFS...

Why does the keyboard not at least recognize there's a space there and just let me manually add a space? It's dumb to put a period after a space... let me have my old fashioned style typing!

May have to go back to Google Keyboard then, as it gets it right.
    VZWsucks likes this.
    10-08-2015 01:49 PM
    Well ****, I'm not that old. Lol

I was taught this in my typing classes and for English class (reports and such). I'm only 30 FFS...

Why does the keyboard not at least recognize there's a space there and just let me manually add a space? It's dumb to put a period after a space... let me have my old fashioned style typing!

May have to go back to Google Keyboard then, as it gets it right.
    I never said you were old. I'm 46, but I adapted to the new typing style.

Your teachers and mine were just following the conventions of the time. I'm not sure when Chicago Manual of Style changed its rules, but the default in Microsoft Word has been single spacing for quite some time.

10-08-2015 01:54 PM
    I never said you were old. I'm 46, but I adapted to the new typing style.

Your teachers and mine were just following the conventions of the time. I'm not sure when Chicago Manual of Style changed its rules, but the default in Microsoft Word has been single spacing for quite some time.

Haha, not saying you were saying I was old.

I had never heard that the convention changed. I had always typed that way, even in Word (including earlier today) and it never bats an eye at the double space I put in.

Odd.
    Laura Knotek and VZWsucks like this.
    10-08-2015 03:37 PM
    Thanks.man
    10-09-2015 05:01 PM
    Sorry wrong keyboard using TouchPal
    11-15-2015 04:40 PM
    i wish swiftkey make all themes free
    VZWsucks likes this.
    11-19-2015 09:50 AM
    In days of early mobile phones when Ericsson and Nokia ruled, the keyboards were much smarter in my opinion. They would remember sentences and you only had to type the first word and it would offer the whole sentence! These days i type a word, the keyboard suggests a different one, i retype the word, i get the same suggestion in an endless loop! These keyboard don't learn anything I type ever.. I use the same sentence / sequence fifty times and still get the wrong predictions! Drives me to distraction!
    07-11-2016 07:50 PM
    1. Two spaces after a period is an old typeWRITER convention. One space has been a typeSETTING convention for years if not forever. In the early days of desktop publishing, one of the most irritating chores was taking out the extra space at the end of each sentence.
    2. At irregular but frequent intervals, my SwiftKey adds a space before the period of comma and then doesn't add a space after it. For example ,it will look like this .It's almost as if it has a momentary flash that it's using a right to left language such as Hebrew. It doesn't happen to everyone ,but (see there!) a few of us on the SwiftKey 's own inactive forum have complained, but SwiftKey days they haven't been able to reproduce it.
    07-20-2016 02:48 AM