best texting app

jilliananddavid2015

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
Which is the best texting app for Android. I am trying to figure out which one I wanna get and download. And which is a good launcher to use

Posted via the Android Central App

Ashtroid666

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Texting apps: Whatsapp, Telegram, WeChat, Line and Facebook Messenger.
Launcher apps: Nova Launcher, Apex Launcher, Buzz Launcher and APUS Launcher.

JimmieCD

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
I send >1000 sms texts/wk and for me Textra is the only one that is reliable. For just a few texts anything will work. But for bulk sms Textra works for me.

acommoner

May 5, 2016
Visit site
Gotta +1 that Textra shout out. Been using it for over a year and it's excellent. They are constantly updating it as well. Definitely worth the $2.49 upgrade price

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I loved Chomp, and then went to Textra and used that for the longest length of time spent using a texting app. I'm now using the stock app on my device but Textra worked really well - I recommend giving that a go! The support staff are excellent, bugs are fixed promptly, and there is a good level of customization in the app.

Posted via the Android Central App

fixedepsilon

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
With regards to launchers, I recently got Nova Launcher Premium when it was on sale this past weekend, and I love it so far. Lived without the ability to open apps with gestures (swipe up, two finger swipe up, pinch in, etc.) for years now, but I already feel like I can't ever go back haha...I'm sure other launchers can do this too, but I've also liked how clean and simple Nova is, while still allowing you a decent amount of customization.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: I'm an old fashion user..I stick with the Default apps on messaging

and launching. But if they were a competition. I'll support Whatsapp

for Messages and Nova as app launcher. Are you agree Androids?

VZWsucks

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
As far as launchers go try LINE launcher. I have been using it for about a year and love it. The customization is out of this world. I tried Nova because everyone praises it but, didn't click with it.

I'm currently using Verizons messaging + app for texting, before that I was using the stock app. So messaging + was a huge upgrade. I may try some of the text apps mention above.

The only thing I miss with using messaging + Vs. The stock is I was able to set a system shortcut by tapping the home key twice to get to the stock text app. With the 3rd party app I'm not able to do that.

VZWsucks

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
As far as launchers go try LINE launcher. I have been using it for about a year and love it. The customization is out of this world. I tried Nova because everyone praises it but, didn't click with it.

I'm currently using Verizons messaging + app for texting, before that I was using the stock app. So messaging + was a huge upgrade. I may try some of the text apps mention above.

The only thing I miss with using messaging + Vs. The stock is I was able to set a system shortcut by tapping the home key twice to get to the stock text app. With the 3rd party app I'm not able to do that.
Update: I tried the textra app and didn't like it compared to messaging+. The customization was archaic in comparison. I did like the different plug-ins for the emojoi's that was cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance