Does anyone have security concerns using the gingerbread keyboard?

FreudSlipped

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Manny, I've used it for a while and felt quite safe with it. That is a standard warning on Android devices for all keyboards. I also got the same warning with other keyboards, including the one I use right now, Swiftkey.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Maybe this is correct for zebras and lions, but with computers, a simple script can hit all the oblivious at once ;-)

BTW, I like swiftkey more.

I completely agree with you on this one. Though I do feel that if 200,000 people download an app, at least 50 of those people are extreme coders who will look into an app and check to see what is info is being granted access. This info would probably sent to a blog which would then start a chain of blogs reporting it. This is all an assumption (I know what assuming does haha) so take it with a grain of salt.

It all comes down to taking the chance because every time you download something, you are doing it at your own risk.

kamtsa

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I completely agree with you on this one. Though I do feel that if 200,000 people download an app, at least 50 of those people are extreme coders who will look into an app and check to see what is info is being granted access. This info would probably sent to a blog which would then start a chain of blogs reporting it. This is all an assumption (I know what assuming does haha) so take it with a grain of salt.

It all comes down to taking the chance because every time you download something, you are doing it at your own risk.

One criteria for me to establish trust in an app is the the developer/corporation behind it. If this is a local company with deep pockets or a known developers then I trusts it significantly more. On the contrary, I have limited trust in apps from developers that seem to hide their identity (e.g. Go Launcher).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463