- 1 Posts
Kindle Fire HDX: Complete factory reset
i had been having problems with a kindle fire that my girlfriend lent me. i guess she had the software on it changed to some droid software i am not sure. anyway i did a complete factory reset and i think i also erased any operating system that was on it. now the screen is asking me all sorts of questions of what to add and which reboot i want so i am starting completely over and would like some advice on how to proceed. what operating to put on my kindle..before there was google play and a google account in her name but the one thing i wanted to do was just use the kindle app to read. using it as a tablet would also work i just do not know where to go from here. i am pretty good with tech stuff but it seems i have done more harm than good to fix it. any advice would help thanks. i have factory reset more than once and had some operating system on there called cyanogen or something but its gone now.
Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-05-2014 at 11:57 AM.
- 03-06-2014, 05:31 PM #2
- 76 Posts
Re: Kindle Fire HDX: Complete factory reset
You could try the Mayday button. I did a factory reset and couldn't figure out how to turn the reader back on. They did help. This is my
5th tablet and I have done resets before. They helped me anyway. Or you cou try the XDA forums.
Last edited by srayjacobs; 03-07-2014 at 02:40 AM. Reason: update
- By neel69 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 03-29-2014, 06:32 PM
- By captain_tinker in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 03-04-2014, 10:48 PM
- By smccloud in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 03-04-2014, 09:05 AM
- By dimm0k in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 03-03-2014, 09:33 PM
- By docteur in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 03-03-2014, 12:29 PM