Should I buy a LeEco s3?

Mallowpuff

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
I have run into my first problem that may end up in getting it replaced.

The left speaker on the bottom of the phone is not working. It's always possible that it's not supposed to(?) but I don't think so.. Could anyone confirm this? This is youtube videos, netflix etc etc.

This could be one of those styling features like the "speaker" grill on the top of the front of the phone, I'd just like to be sure.

EDIT: Was just chatting with Le Eco support, the left speaker is a microphone in disguise. That would explain it!

Last edited:

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I haven't read reviews but I picked up that the SoC has a lot to do with how a photo is taken and processed, and the camera app .. eh .. performs, so the end results may be different. Snapdragon 821 v 625.There might be nothing between them in practice.
Someone (ie anyone) could expound on this better, and there's probably a recent thread in one of the forums.

I know you probably just made a mistake but the S3 comes with the 652 but I don't know how much better if any it is compared to the 625

Shirley Dulcey

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
It doesn't show the battery percentage as shipped. But you can change that in System Settings - Battery. It's the first toggle there.

The service information is displayed in the notification bar on the lock screen, and it also shows when you pull down the notification shade. I haven't found any way to get it to show in the normal UI.

Shirley Dulcey

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
My impressions:

The Snapdragon 652 is fast. I did some benchmarks; it's on a par with the Snapdragon 801, which is what was in flagship phones two years ago. At this price level it's an impressive level of performance.

I couldn't live with the lack of an app tray. So I installed the Google Now launcher because it's what I'm accustomed to. I may try out some of the other launchers that have been suggested here.

NFC would be nice. But other phones in this price class also leave it out. I'd love to have support for a MicroSD card.

I thought the Band 12 support was broken; I kept trying to see if I got connected on it but always got the usual band 4. But a few days ago I was in a basement where I have a weekly meeting, and there it was. Weak, but my previous phone with no Band 12 support got nothing at all in that location. (I use LTE Discovery for the info.)

VoLTE and WiFi calls sound great. Phone calls without the usual CELP encoding artifacts are a big step forward. Again, my first phone with support.

All in all, an astonishing value if you get it for $150. I was looking for a replacement for my Zenfone 2 which started acting up, but my budget is limited right now so this is plenty good enough. My dream device is the LG V20 (especially for the audio features) but I don't want it enough to scrape up $800!

Shirley Dulcey

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
LeEco pushed out a system software update for the Le S3 yesterday. It's bug fixes and little UI tweaks, not a major change. The release notes say there is now a setting for backlighting of the capacitive buttons but I haven't found it. I did find a setting for moving the back button to the left side as it is on most Android phones (the app switcher then moves to the right side) - it changes the function of the buttons but the icons remain, so pressing what looks like the app switcher actually goes back and vice versa. Weird but it does preserve your touch memory.

bramgoodwin

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
Does the S3 have stereo speakers? How do the speaker /speakers sound? Loud? Does Dolby help? Have you used 3.5mm adapter with your headphones?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance