LeEco Le Pro3

Etyrnus

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I think this is the best and fairest version of a "flash" sale.
You can know, for now, when the next sale is coming (16/11) and at that time you generally have 4+ hours to hit a button. You can even register at the same time.
At the moment you have no reason to buy a Le Eco at full price, and I'm sure because of fluctuating stock Le Eco are quite happy with that. They may settle on the lower or standard price depending on reception.

They sold out in just under 3 hours on the 9th.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Did you get it yet? I'd be interested in your honest opinion.
I did get it earlier this week (Tuesday, I think).
I've only opened the box...haven't powered it up, though. Physically I'm impressed with the phone...it's solid. Good weight and feel. Beyond that, though, I can't say. It's mostly just a matter now of figuring out when to switch carriers. My wife wants us to, but doesn't want to actually deal with the hassle of getting the new phone and all the stuff that is involved. We're on Sprint now, so it's not like just swapping out SIM cards.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Alright, I gave in and powered it up. I was really just too curious. I haven't installed anything or signed into any accounts...so it's really just the basic interface set up right now. I'm only able to compare it to my LG G3, which is a 2.5 year old device. Based on that, though, I'm already impressed. I don't know what an S7 or a OnePlus 3 or a V20 (or even a V10) is like...so my perspective may be a little out of whack in comparison to someone who handles a lot of flagship devices regularly.

My comparison between the Le Pro 3 and the G3:

Fingerprint: well, this is my first time experiencing a fingerprint reader on a phone, but it seems quick and responsive. Easy to set up.
Haptic feedback: much stronger on the Pro 3
Sound: FAR better on the Pro 3. The G3 sound was always very disappointing, so the bar was set pretty low. I must say I hate all the ringtone options...but that's all subjective.
Interface: the lack of usable features on the notification shade is annoying and frankly confusing. I'm hoping they change this part of the eui interface...or at least allow as an option (much like EMUI has done with the app drawer with their recent v5 update).
Screen: One advantage - on paper - my G3 has is the quad HD resolution vs. the Pro 3 HD resolution. Once I had them side by side, the difference was almost inconsequential. I didn't run a bunch of comparisons, but my initial impression was they are about equal.
Camera: My G3 camera has always driven me a bit nutty. I do love the G3 camera app that allows you to take a photo by touching anywhere on the display, but the shutter speed was always...very...very...slow. On my half dozen test shots on the Pro3, the shutter was nice and quick and the shots appeared to be of decent quality.

I'll have to run a couple actual tests on this device over the next week or two...just to see if I'm really okay with using this device for the next year or so. So far it's looking good, though...

cjp39

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: LePro 3 Qualcomm 821 for 299?! WOW!

I bought this phone for my wife. We are coming from the Asus Zenfone 2.
This phone seems like a good step up in every way. It's solid build, premium chip and huge battery are some sweet selling points at a great price.
The software is a bit weird but after a week or two It will be normal.
The camera is better than I expected. Indoor shots look bright and crisp.

I'm thinking of buying another one for myself. I'll kick myself if I miss out on the $100 off.

How is the blue tooth?

Sent from my XT1585 using Android Central

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
So I finally am using this device, three months after buying it in the first flash sale. We'd been planning to move over from Sprint for the longest time, we were just waiting for an opportunity when one or both of us really needed to upgrade. Well, the LG G3 I'd been using started giving me real trouble. This was the second replacement for that phone - the first one bricked after just a few weeks, the second one after a little over a year. This time, the screen just started doing weird stuff - freezing up, fading out, flickering. Made it unusable...so we went over to T-Mobile last night and signed up.

The Pro 3 is a nice, solid device. Easy to set up, fast and responsive. The interface takes some getting used to, but it's not quite as annoying as I thought it would be. Slowly having to get rid of my LG muscle memory (I miss knock-on!), but I'm already getting the hang of it. The one thing I've noticed is the fingerprint reader is not as dependable as I'd hoped. I've figured out how to touch it to get it to wake faster, but I'd say it's probably somewhere between 50 and 75% success at first touch.

Another thing that took me a while to figure out was why my screen seemed so much bigger. The G3 was also 5.5" (although it was a quad-HD display, this one seems just as crisp as that one did). No...I finally realized the difference: capacitive buttons. I'd gotten so used to the on-screen buttons, I never really thought about how much real estate they took up on the screen. It feels like I have much more room on this one, amazingly enough.

I'm not a big 'music on my phone' kind of guy, so I haven't messed with the earphones or the audio, but what I've heard just messing with the notifications and ringtones, the audio on this is decent. Surely not among the top performers, but clearly better than my G3.

While I tend to keep my phones in the 2 to 3 year range, I suspect this one will not be a long-term device for my 'daily driver'. It's good, not outstanding. I'm hoping to see some software and UI upgrades this year, hopefully closer to stock android as rumored. I have heard the camera is disappointing...but I haven't taken many photos yet, so we'll see. I think it's enough to keep me happy at least through this year...long enough until I can have a choice for a higher-end device with better camera and fingerprint sensor...maybe water-proof/resistant. We'll see. I'm sure I'll be back if anything comes up that I want to complain about (or praise, of course).

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Okay...so after a few weeks of having this as my regular phone, I have the same concerns.
The camera just generally is not great. It's not awful, really...it just doesn't stand out. It's quicker than my G3 was, but the image quality is lacking and the audio quality on videos is not great.
The fingerprint sensor is still inconsistent.
The vibration is very weak. I'm constantly missing notifications and even calls because I don't feel the vibration in my pocket. My G3 also was pretty weak in this regard, but the Pro 3 is much worse.
Still gotta complain about the lack of good quality protective cases. I ended up with a Nillkin textured thin case, but it's not anything close to a Spigen or Otterbox level of protection. This one is primarily for grip and to cover the gold color which I've never been wild about.

Overall, I'd say this phone is good enough to keep me happy through the year. It's nice to have a low cost device that handles well and does most everything I need well enough. I think if anything about it will cause me to move on sooner rather than later (I usually keep phones for roughly 2 years) it will be the camera.

bramgoodwin

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
Did you download the 21S update rolling out in the last few days? Specifically, the finger print sensor seems more responsive. The camera with HDR enabled does not have any lag, as it did before. Photos look good. Be interested how you feel, after update. Don't forget we got it for $249?

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I did update. Can't really tell a difference with the fingerprint sensor. I hadn't really tried enabling HDR, but it does appear to be low-lag.
I'd still like a stronger vibration....and better cases!

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Three other comments on my Pro 3 after about a month of use.

1. Battery life on this thing is, in a word, FANTASTIC. On my old LG G3, it was often down to about 40 or 50 percent by lunch time. I usually had to charge it up off and on all day long. It took me a week or two to realize I don't have to plug this thing in AT ALL during the day and will usually still have at least 40% at the end of the day. I've never dropped into the single digits on this thing.

2. The notification light is weak. Just like the vibration, I barely notice it even when I'm looking out for it.

3. Weird thing happened the other day. I don't usually do music on my phones, but the other day I fired up Pandora and plugged in the headphones that came with the phone. About 20 minutes in, the phone totally flipped out. The screen went blank and the sound no longer came through the headphones, instead blaring out the main speakers. I ended up having to hard reboot the phone to get it back to normal. I don't know if it was something weird with the Pandora app or something with the phone, but I've shied away from using it at work for music anymore and uninstalled Pandora for now.

Richard Winner

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I got this phone on black Friday, 2016. I ran it over and LeEco GAVE ME A NEW IINE FOR SHIPPING COST! It is almost 6/2018, And I am thinking about buying another one. A refurb from the factory. At $145, I see it as a no brainer. I loved this phone, especially considering the cost. Where are you gonna get a flagship level phone for $150? Yes, 2 yr. Old, but still.... $600-$900, or $150. And it still can do more then i AM capable of doing with it. Yes, i just got a S8+, for $450 new, but this is still a great deal!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user