Task Manager bug?

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I use Nova Launcher and until the last day or two, when I would go to the task manager (left capacitive button), it would give me the home page as the primary option. From there I could press the home page preview or the 'LE' capacitive button to get to the home page. Now, when I select the task manager, instead of the home page preview, it shows me the last active app...so pressing the 'LE' capacitive button just takes me back to that app instead of the home screen.

Did I inadvertently change some setting? I can't seem to get it to show me the home screen preview in the task manager anymore and pressing the 'LE' (home) button doesn't function that way anymore either.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
See attached. One is my typical home screen. The other is what I now see in the task manager. As you can see, the how screen is no longer an option in the preview...and when I press the home button, it just takes me to the app that appears in the left-most preview (Netflix in the example below).

Screenshot_20170324-155545.jpg

Attachments

• 8542.jpg
    8542.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 7

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Seems to be a Nova Launcher issue. I tried reverting back to the eui launcher and it doesn't happen. Just hope they fix this in Nova!

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
For anyone using the Nova Launcher beta, it appears that the 5.1 beta1 broke the home page/Nova Launcher preview in the task manager. It was working fine in 5.02 and around release 5.03 it turned the preview black, but it still functioned on selection and hitting the home button in the task manager still sent you to the home screen. With the 5.1 betas, even that was lost

bramgoodwin

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
For anyone using the Nova Launcher beta, it appears that the 5.1 beta1 broke the home page/Nova Launcher preview in the task manager. It was working fine in 5.02 and around release 5.03 it turned the preview black, but it still functioned on selection and hitting the home button in the task manager still sent you to the home screen. With the 5.1 betas, even that was lost

Yes, latest Nova beta changed how recents are handled. I reported it to Nova development team. Go to Nova beta discussion in Google +. It is being discussed there with screen shots. To me it is an inconvenience, not productivity issue. Don't know when they will fix it.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah...I've been participating in at least one of those discussions. I had gone back to 5.02, but then my device auto updated it again and so I'm back on the beta. It's defiinitely annoying....but I'm working with it, hoping they update soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX