[K80m, P90] App Permissions

FabriciusFab

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site
Hello everybody! I bought my mom a K80m sometime ago and just yesterday she noticed that she couldn't send voice messages via WhatsApp. Turns out it says WhatsApp can't acces the microphone. I tried deleting the cache and data, updating Whatsapp, reinstalling it, nothing. I went to app permissions and it has everything enabled. Then I went to Facebook and tried to post directly from the camera. Nothing, I toched the icon but nothing would happen, not even an error. It seems that app can't access the phone's hardware, or that the apps don't have permssions enabled, but they do. Any thoughts? Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Some other app may be accessing the camera/microphone. Do you have a flashlight app installed? These are a common culprit.

FabriciusFab

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi! thanks for the welcome! Unfortunately no, I don't have any flashlight or really too many apps installed. I even reseted all the app permissions to see if I could solve the problem but no luck there. It can't even make WhatsApp calls because it's not allowed to use the camera or microphone. I don't know what else to do!

FabriciusFab

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site
I didn't, but I did factory restore it and when an app needed permissions for the first time now it asked me for them. Guess the factory reset was a more radical solution, but hey, it works for now. Thank you very much B. Diddy