Thinkpad

Giblet

May 15, 2010
Visit site
So I have been scouring the internet for any information of on the Thinkpad and coming up mainly dry so I figured I would put together what I could find. Unfortunately the only source that isn't Lenovo directly is Cnet with a brief video and article.

ThinkPad and IdeaPad K1 CNET Review
Lenovo Press release
Walkthrough by Lenovo

Information I would really like if people manage to come across it,
1. What retailers may carry the Thinkpad
2. A third party review of the pen input
3. List of ports available on the back of the charging dock
4. Does the keyboard dock have USB since the one on the Thinkpad is used up by the keyboard dock. No the keyboard dock has no ports.

Last edited:

MF4L41

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Very good questions, we all know the app comes out on the 2nd, Im debating if I want to get it the first day, and be the person to give out the review, or do I want to wait, until I see more youtube videos, or reviews by reputable sites. This is the first android tablet that has caught my attention, though this is the first android tablet by Lenovo, which kind of scares me.

Giblet

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I am interested in grabbing it on the second but we dont even know know what stores may carry it if any at first.

jhzafrani

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Office Depot has it available online for immediate delivery. I just got mine today in the morning. Was not even shipped. Rather, it was hand delivered to me in a Microsoft Office Shopping bag (very strage)... Will post more impressions once I get it up and running.

Giblet

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Office Depot has it available online for immediate delivery. I just got mine today in the morning. Was not even shipped. Rather, it was hand delivered to me in a Microsoft Office Shopping bag (very strage)... Will post more impressions once I get it up and running.

Are you sure you are referring to the Thinkpad tablet and not the Ideapad K1 tablet? I don't see the thinkpad on their website yet.

Giblet

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Try this link to Lenovo's YouTube video, I was impressed with the ThinkPad Tablet from Lenovo. It is rumored to be available from Lenovo in Aug.

Yup I already have the video in the OP. There I a press release stating it will be released Aug. 2

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
That is what I heard as well. I have an HTC Flyer and really utilize the digital pen, but I need a larger format with hdmi output and charging at the same time and of course the ntrig technology is a bonus.

IT Service Professional - I Just Want a Device to be Productive

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone seen any official pricing? The pricing that I have seen has been all over the board.

IT Service Professional - I Just Want My Device to Be Productive

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
All of the pricing is detailed in the press release I posted.

I should have read with more detail, as I didn't notice when reading your post on my Droid phone that it was 3 separate links.

Giblet

May 15, 2010
Visit site
It looks like lonovo changed the drop date to th 23rd. When you go to the tablet section of their website it now says that its coming August 23rd.

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that too, extremely upset, I'm itching to get this tablet...

Hopefully, the delay will allow Lenovo time to have it available to us from the large retailers. Personally like to hold something before I buy it.

Krypticide

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
My local Best Buy said it's unusual for them to stock Lenovo products, so especially since this is a business -oriented tablet, not many retailers might stock it.

Sent from my EVO 4G with CM7

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My local Best Buy said it's unusual for them to stock Lenovo products, so especially since this is a business -oriented tablet, not many retailers might stock it.

Sent from my EVO 4G with CM7

Yeah, Best Buy tries to be too "hip" for Lenovo... I'd probably expect to find this at an Office Depot or Staples, if anywhere.

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, Best Buy tries to be too "hip" for Lenovo... I'd probably expect to find this at an Office Depot or Staples, if anywhere.

On that note, did anyone count the number of times you saw the Lenovo brand in Transformers 3 or was I just sensitive to the name?

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
On that note, did anyone count the number of times you saw the Lenovo brand in Transformers 3 or was I just sensitive to the name?

Hmmm, I don't recall catching Lenovo at all. But I was too busy paying attention to all the Cisco product placement.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital