Quick Review of Thinkpad Tablet

JOHNGAETANO

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I received my Thinkpad Tablet today. To clear up confusion, it DOES come with the Pen.

The build quality is as nice as any tablet on the market. The size and weight are fine, and certainly not on the heavy side. I would compare the size and weight to the Xoom.

The port doors are nice, and easy to access.

The screen is sharp and crisp.

As a tablet, this thing performs as well as anything on the market right now.

The Notes app is cool, but I am unsure really how functional it is:

1. The pen input is fine, no problems.
2. While there is a setting to ignore your hand/palm while you are writing, this isn't working that well right now for me. I will continue to mess around with it, but I'm not real impressed with this feature.
3. The recognition software works just ok. Sometimes its good, and sometimes it's really bad.
4. The notes app itself works ok, but I would like to be able to highlight a PDF, or write something on any portion of the screen, and I cant do that.

For a quick short review I would rank this a 7 out of 10. More to come in the near future.

Reactions: Smitty_82

jlee91780

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Awesome, please let us know more when you get a chance. Just wondering if you know anything about the HTC Flyer/View and how this compares? Btw, that device could annotate pdfs and was pretty good with hand/palm ignorance and had audio recording in real time with note taking. Does the thinkpad have audio recording in sync with notes?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63