Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Broke Screen

Have a brand new TPT. A couple of days someone broke the screen. Still functions, but there is a huge crack in the middle of everything. Sent the tablet back to Lenovo to get it fixed under warranty, but they called today and said they could replace the screen for only $750, when only paid less than $500 for it originally. Getting them to send it back not fixed, but now I need some guidance on how to replace the screen myself. Any suggestions on where to find a compatible screen and how to replace? Any help would be appreciated.

@ Lissajane12

I am not sure about obtaining a replacement screen, but I would at least check on Ebay to see if you could find one that was being sold for parts. Also at www.thinkpadtabletforums.com you will find disassembly information. Good luck.

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk 2
    IT Service Professional - I Just Need A Device To Be Productive
    Android Addict

Default Re: Broke Screen

Quote Originally Posted by Lissajane12 View Post
    Have a brand new TPT. A couple of days someone broke the screen. Still functions, but there is a huge crack in the middle of everything. Sent the tablet back to Lenovo to get it fixed under warranty, but they called today and said they could replace the screen for only $750, when only paid less than $500 for it originally. Getting them to send it back not fixed, but now I need some guidance on how to replace the screen myself. Any suggestions on where to find a compatible screen and how to replace? Any help would be appreciated.

I really don't want to sound like a tool, but someone broke the screen on yours, and you sent it back to Lenovo to get repaired under warranty? Did their warranty specifically mention that abuse and wear & tear would be repaired under warranty, because if it did then I need to place another order for 50 more.
    @Android_Lee
    Nexus 6
    Lollipop rooted
    Nexus 5
    Lollipop rooted
    Nexus 7
    Lollipop rooted