Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default A real external SD card for an Ideapad A1

I have an Ideapad A1, purchased in April. At the time, I also got a 32GB micro SD card, so I could dump pictures, video, and music onto it. Finally, this month I got to doing this. There is a folder in the A! called removable SD card, which, silly me, I thought was the removable SD card. This folder is actually the non-removable internal "SD card". So I loaded a bunch of stuff, anyway. I started looking around for the actual externally removable SD card and found no file. After further boring through menus, I found a command under storage settings to Mount SD card. Thinking this was it, I tapped and nothing happened. I later found out by moving cards between devices several things:
    1. My 32GB card would not mount, could not be read or formatted in my computer and showed only 30.7MB of size.
    2. I had a 2GB card from a cell phone. I was able to erase everything on it in the ideapad, but then it would not mount and was reported to be damaged.
    3. I bought a new 8GB card. The ideapad would not mount it, nor did it indicate its size. My computer would not format it now after allowing the ideapad to erase it, but my camera was able to format, use, and read. When it went back into the Ideapad, it was reported to be damaged, yet it read fine in the camera and the computer. I'm not too knowledgeable in Android, but am fairly conversant in Windows and Linux. Of course Lenovo has not seen fit to release an actual owner's manual. I don't know whether the tablet doesn't work, the cards don't work, or I have just not stumbled upon whatever the solution is. I guess I should be happy that the tablet doesn't seem to have some of the other issues that I have read about. Has anybody found a solution?

ROM
    Stock Google

All I can tell you is the external sdcard works great on my son's A1 - in fact I used it to flash ICS (pre-release) which also works great.

Might be faulty hardware.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Default Re: A real external SD card for an Ideapad A1

Mine did other same mount other wit for other to tell you its damged. Then turn tablet off wait 60secs then turn back on.

Posted via Android Central App