Lenovo discontinuing Android App Store.

bearballz72

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
As an owner of a Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet I was a bit surprised when I get this email yesterday from Lenovo. Not that I was fan of the their app-store. But it makes me wonder if this is the beginning of the end for Android on Lenovo? Especially with Lenovo opting to go with Windows 8 as the OS for the next Thinkpad tablet.

"Dear Customer,

We are letting our Lenovo App Shop registered users know that the Lenovo App Shop will no longer be available as of September 21. Our store partner has discontinued operations and we recommend using the Google Play Store for your Android Applications.

Your previously downloaded applications from the Lenovo App Shop will continue to work, however we recommend you select and install a back up program from the Google Play Store to back up your apps. If you have issues with apps you obtained from the Lenovo App Shop, the app developer or Independent Software Vendor (ISV) can assist you.

If you have any other questions please refer to the following link https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...lenovo.com%2Fsupport%2Fappshop&token=pflioduw

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate you as a valued customer.

Sincerely,

Lenovo Support Team"

MAK-VA

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
If you go to Mobihand (the people that were behind the App Store), it seems they are closing up shop. Lenovo hitched its wagon to a fading star. Look at Smartphone Apps - MobiHand Apps Store for this:

"Domination of mobile app distribution by a relatively small number of large companies has made participation increasingly difficult for independent app distributors. While it was very hard to reach this decision, we have concluded that we have to discontinue our current services. We can only hope that the assets we built over the years will find a new purpose. "​

Still, with the atrocious support Lenovo is giving the new S2110 IdeaPad, you may be right that Lenovo is getting ready to ditch Android.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski