Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default A2107 TABLET: some moves play some wont even launch

Brand new Lenovo A 2107a tablet with 8 gb sdhc card installed with 5 movies on it. Some are avi and some are MP4. There is no rhyme nor reason as to why some do not play. Using the stock player, some moves have no sound. A couple say "bad file, this video cannot be displayed". that is odd as they play on my laptop when I plug the same SDHC card and the laptop' s media player classic (with its massive codec library of course). So after searching some of these forums, the recommendation was to use a third party video player. Installed the Rockplayer2. Now the ones that did not have any sound will play sound when I click on the hw/sw button on the player (don't know what that button is..), but the default is HW and no sound. On the movies that did not play in the stock player will not even launch the Rockplayer when selected. Not sure why this is.. any ideas would be helpful. Converting movies to fit a finicky device is very cumbersome and time consuming and something I feel, I should not have to do and I am missing something very simple.

Default Re: A2107 TABLET: some moves play some wont even launch

I've had a similar problem when trying to play MP4 encoded movies. When I convert to AVI, no issues. Really frustrating.