Lenovo IdeaTab A2109: new owner with questions
I just bought the Lenovo IdeaTab A2109 Tablet at a Office Depot store on sale last week for $229.99 and I have some questions if anyone can help please.
1) I tried connecting the tablet to 3 different Windows PC laptops via the USB cord, but all 3 different laptops failed to read the tablet as an external drive. Is this not possible? My Samsung 7.7 Tab tablet is able to connect to my PC laptop. Both tablets of mine are running Android 4.0.4.
2) Is there any easy way to take off the lid to insert/remove the micro-SD card? Whoever designed the cover should be sh@t! That's part of the reason why I want this tablet to be read by my laptop so I can transfer files directly to the memory card to bypass this crazy lid/cover design. So far the best solution I could come up with is to use my girlfriend's hair clip which is really thin and wide enough to insert into the slot to pry off the freakin lid. Just nuts.
3) I bought the terrible screen protector from Office Depot that cost around $25.00 and there is air bubbles galore, just terrible! Can anyone recommend a good screen protector that applies easily (non-wet application) and doesn't leave air bubbles?
4) Is there a semi hard/soft silicone case that covers the back and sides for this tablet, similar to what's available for phones? I can only find folio book cases for this tablet.
5) Does anyone know if this USB adapter cord will work in plugging into the Lenova tablet and connecting to a USB thumb drive stick for accessing/transferring files? See link here: Amazon.com: Samsung SM-ET-R205UBEGSTD USB MicroUSB Connector for Galaxy Phones - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
6) How can I do a soft reset? Is shutting down tablet and turning back on the same as a soft reset?
7) Something odd happened the other day whereby the keyboard was non-responsive for entering letters, and some of the built-in icons were also non-responsive (eg: the weather icon, time icon). I had to do a factory reset and this seemed to have solve the problem. I'm slightly concerned this might happen again, as I don't want to do another hard reset to solve this potential problem after I've installed many apps later in the future.
Overall, so far I'm pretty satisfied with this tablet, especially for the $229.99 sale price that I got. The screen is actually pretty decent, and I don't see why so many reviewers on the internet are bashing the screen. The only potential "problem" is that it's hard to view the screen when viewing from a higher level looking down on the screen. But how many users really do that? Even viewing the screen from the sides seems pretty acceptable to me. Granted the Lenova screen is nothing compared to my Samsung 7.7 Tab with its super amoled screen, but for simply viewing web pages and entertainment stuff, the Lenova screen is more than sufficient. Battery life appears to be very good, the quality of construction is decent too, and I really like the HDMI outlet for mirroring Netflix movies to my TV screen. Another fantastic great "feature" is the micro-USB port which is the same port I use for charging my cell phone...very convenient. I really dis-like proprietary charging cables, such a pain.
Re: Lenovo IdeaTab A2109: new owner with questions
Originally Posted by Casey415