Lenovo Tablets - Another ROOT question

Bashyman

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

My parents have bought my two children a Levovo A2109 each for Christmas and I would like to ROOT the device when santa delivers it ;-)

This would be my first experience of an android device as we all have Apple devices, (about 10).
I've Jailbroken MANY apple devices, but never tinkered with an android.
My question is, is ROOTING the android risky?
With Jailbreaking an Apple, if it went wrong, or you needed t claim the warranty, you just restored the device, then the powers that be could never find out.

Is there a similar thing on the A2109?
Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

My parents have bought my two children a Levovo A2109 each for Christmas and I would like to ROOT the device when santa delivers it ;-)

This would be my first experience of an android device as we all have Apple devices, (about 10).
With Jailbreaking an Apple, if it went wrong, or you needed t claim the warranty, you just restored the device, then the powers that be could never find out.

Thanks

Welcome to the forums!
The biggest hurdle is has someone found a way to root it. If no one has, there is no way to root it. Every device is different. There is no general file/exploit to use.
As far as warranties, it depends. Some devices count rooting against the flash counter, some don't. This can be important if the warranty depends on a 0 counter.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Thanks

Hello there! I think this will help you:
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Idea-An...85119X2ab0ac13e105ae8bb94e40de5624b65d#M11932

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar