- 1 Posts
Lenovo Tablets - Another ROOT question
My parents have bought my two children a Levovo A2109 each for Christmas and I would like to ROOT the device when santa delivers it ;-)
This would be my first experience of an android device as we all have Apple devices, (about 10).
I've Jailbroken MANY apple devices, but never tinkered with an android.
My question is, is ROOTING the android risky?
With Jailbreaking an Apple, if it went wrong, or you needed t claim the warranty, you just restored the device, then the powers that be could never find out.
Is there a similar thing on the A2109?
- 10-03-2013, 11:33 PM #2
Re: Lenovo Tablets - Another ROOT question
The biggest hurdle is has someone found a way to root it. If no one has, there is no way to root it. Every device is different. There is no general file/exploit to use.
As far as warranties, it depends. Some devices count rooting against the flash counter, some don't. This can be important if the warranty depends on a 0 counter.
- 10-03-2013, 11:50 PM #3“It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” - J. K Rowling
"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee
"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
- By croaker68 in forum HTC OneReplies: 6Last Post: 10-02-2013, 02:43 PM
- By thischarmingman in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 4Last Post: 10-02-2013, 12:41 PM
- By diesteldorf in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 2Last Post: 10-02-2013, 10:56 AM
- By chuckawd in forum VerizonReplies: 4Last Post: 10-02-2013, 09:56 AM
- By cllrknight in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 6Last Post: 10-02-2013, 09:52 AM