Lenovo P1 Sync issue with Gmail contacts, can I get some help with this?

kfilippi

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Hello to everybody,

Recently I bought the Lenovo Vibe P1 with Lollipop 5.1.1.
The major problem is that I am not able to sync my contacts on gmail with the contacts app on my phone. Despite the fact that I have setup successfully my gmail account and I am able to receive emails, when i go to contacts and try to add google as an an account it is not shown.
Do take in consideration that it is bought from china and it seems that some apps are "locked" since I am not able to delete them.

Any help will b appreciated

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Accounts. Do you see Google listed there? Tap it, and tap your account, then make sure Contacts is checked on.

anubhavsaksena

May 11, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Accounts. Do you see Google listed there? Tap it, and tap your account, then make sure Contacts is checked on.

I have upgraded my Lenovo Vibe P1 to marshmallow after which Google sync was not working for contacts. So I deleted my account and again added it. Now option of Google sync option of contacts has disappeared ...I see all other options like mail, drive etc. Please suggest.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did your phone originally come with Google Play Store? If not, then it wasn't certified for Google Play, and therefore there could be more issues with syncing Google services.

M1RZ4 Mahirah

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
Did your phone originally come with Google Play Store? If not, then it wasn't certified for Google Play, and therefore there could be more issues with syncing Google services.

Hi, i was wondering, my lenovo p1 is synced with gmail, but when i enter a new contact phone number, it cannot be saved in the gmail. Why is that?

shashi185

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
when i create a new contact in Lenovo P1, those are not synced with Gmail. I sync it through option -- settings--accounts--google-- my Gmail account-contacts. it shows that sync is done but when i check on Gmail, contact is not there. Also after competing for sync, it shows wrong date(3 days back).
how to check whther phone originally come with Google Play Store?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton