Need help with Android.process.acore and contacts folder

angelvick

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I continue to get the message that android.process.acore has stopped working. I get this constantly and it interrupts everything I do.

I have followed all fixes I can find except factory reset. I really don't want to do that. Is there another solution?

Also, both of my contact folders have disappeared from the tablet. I did upload my contacts from my phone to Drive, don't know what to do with that, especially with the folders missing.

Is there an app that I can use reset contacts and import them with?

Looking forward to a quick response! This pop-up is driving me insane!

Thanks,

--Angel

altobobcat

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Do you also have facebook installed by any chance?

From the little research I have done, it appears to be an issue caused by the Facebook app. Uninstalling that seems to resolve the issue. If that isn't an option, try disabling it (settings -> application manager -> facebook -> disable)

You can also try clearing your contacts storage data (settings -> application manager -> contacts -> clear data) but this may result in you losing your contacts, so only do this if you have a backup.

If that fails, check if an update is available for your tablet and as a last resort perform a factory reset.

Hope that helps!

angelvick

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Contacts and contacts storage files are both gone. I don't know what to do with tat.

Is there a concern regarding uninstalling FB, could it cause more issues or is it one of the apps that won't let you uninstall it?

altobobcat

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Do you have a People App by any chance? I don't know which Android version you are running but on some it's called that.

Have you tried to go to Application manager to see if Contacts/People is in that list? If not, that could be your problem.

First check if a software update is available, usually in (Settings -> About -> Check for software update).

If nothing comes up you may have to backup your data and do a factory reset.

With regard to the Facebook app. No uninstalling it won't cause any issues by itself. Whether it can in fact be uninstalled depends on whether you downloaded it or if it came installed when you got the tablet. If the latter, you can still disable it from either Application Manager or the Play Store.

Stingray Seven

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem and this is what helped me. You will need a good backup of your contacts that you made BEFORE the problem started, in order for this method to work... Please read previous sentence again to make sure you understand before moving on.

It was the Firefox sync feature that was the cause of my issues, but its generally caused by some data format issue with a apps contacts sync, I found out by reading the error report before submission and remembering I had just setup the Firefox sync feature. Fortunately, I found a Youtube video about clearing my contacts storage data (under settings -> apps -> all, then scroll down to contacts storage). I was rooted so I used Titanium Backup. Then go find the app under the app settings (as mentioned above), then force stop app, then clear data & clear cache. Then restore your backup of the contacts storage (Make sure it is a backup from before the problem started!). Fortunately, I set up a schedule in Titanium to regularly make full backups and then only changes, so I had a good clean backup. After the restore, reboot and you should be golden. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke