Sharing 360 Photos

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
So how are folks sharing these photos with others?

I've had some mixed results thus far....

Facebook supports 360 Videos, but not yet photos (as of May 20).

Flickr and Google Photos both support 360 photos, but sharing them can be challenging. Getting the link and sending it along works fine in desktop browsers, but results vary in the mobile arena.

Flickr (the app) apparently doesn't support 360 photos (it looks like a mushed panorama). But opening them in the mobile Chrome browser and tapping the 360 icon opens the 360 variety of the photo (at least on Android - I haven't tested iOS but will tonight).

Opening a Google Photos link on an Android phone will open the photo in the 360 variety, if Google Photos is installed. Otherwise, it will depend on if the Gallery App on the phone supports 360 photos, which is hit or miss. It did not work on iOS either way.

Anyhow, there are a lot of variations to sharing our beautiful new 360 photos, especially to mobile users. Good luck explaining to them over text how to do it. The joys of being an early adopter...

I'd be curious to know what other users are doing to share their photos?

dustytobes

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Same boat here, Flickr only for the moment, sometimes Street view but it's not great for a personal share

Posted via the Android Central App

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I signed up for a 360cities.net account, which is better for mobile, but a free account limits you to 4 published photos that aren't "accepted." Accepted photos would be those that are visually appealing/artistic enough to meet their standards. You get unlimited accepted photos.

Suffice to say, anything with a hand or people intentionally in it would not meet their standards.

The next upgraded account is about $50 a year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC