poor battery life

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone running into this issue? FWIW: New LG Ally has 50% Time Without Signal Bug - Android Forums I've diagnosed my wife's new Ally with this bug. If it's an Android 2.1 problem perhaps we should just wait it out.

You could wait it out. If you have the proper resources, you might want to switch. Phones can be very important these days and if you can't even get 10 hours with light usage (yes, someone said that in androidforums), then it would be better to switch. However, if a phone is not that vital or you don't want to spend extra money replacing the phone, I think you will be just fine waiting it out. Froyo should be coming to the Ally within the next several months.;)

chaostiny

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has put the 50% fix on their forums if Ally owners would care to read….
it’s quite simple actually…
Turn on your LG Ally, open dial pad and dial *#*#4636#*#* (If Testing menu doesn’t come up than click “Call” and it will come up)>Go to Phone information>Scroll down and you’ll see preferred network type>click it and switch it to GSM/CDMA auto (PRL)

You may have to do this a few times, but wait a few hours in between. You will see your time without signal drop dramatically and your battery life jump big time. It also helps to put the phone in Airplane mode, then shut it off for a few minutes each time you do it. Then turn it back on and take it out of Airplane mode. But like I said, wait a few hours…. it takes time for your OS and battery to figure out what you’ve done. It worked quite well on my Ally… I now get 18 to 20 hours of talk/webtime and if I do nothing with my phone at all, I’ve had 2 1/2 days with hardly any battery drain at all. Good luck!

Reactions: compQueen

sookster54

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Since Telus announced the LG Shine Plus and I found out it's the same as the Ally I did some searching and came across the biggest complaint- the battery life, then found out the common culpit is the "50% bug", and many posted a solution being setting the phone in airplane mode and waiting a while then rebooting the phone and leaving it in airplane mode for a while then turning the signal back on. On my HTC Desire, the call standby reaches 50% at times, and this definitely kills the battery (monitoring showed roughly ~10% drop per hour) and it's a stock flashed Froyo rom...

Anyways, I'm interested in this phone (the Shine Plus that is), because of the physical keyboard.

ryanidcomm

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
the LG ally is cheaper droid so its missing some of the roaming capabilities (look it up) that other phones have. in some places you can put a moto droid and a ally right next to each other and the moto will have service and the ally will not i live in the city/rural Wisconsin and i have minor issues. but there are dead spots with the ally

amshere

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
My daughter just got ann ally..battery is horrible..battery is gone after she gets out of school. Reception is really bad at school so I am sure that is causing 90% of the battery drain.. What would you suggest..airplane mode? What does that do..?

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Give it some time, batteries get better after the first couple weeks. But of course, airplane mode keeps battery use to barely on levels.

sidramalik100

Apr 26, 2011
www.mobile-phone.pk
Well the same problem is coming in My LG mobile phone and its battery timing is not more then a half day when i listen songs only 30 to 50 mins then its battery timing finished i don,t know why it is doing the problem

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has put the 50% fix on their forums if Ally owners would care to read?.
it?s quite simple actually?
Turn on your LG Ally, open dial pad and dial *#*#4636#*#* (If Testing menu doesn?t come up than click ?Call? and it will come up)>Go to Phone information>Scroll down and you?ll see preferred network type>click it and switch it to GSM/CDMA auto (PRL)

You may have to do this a few times, but wait a few hours in between. You will see your time without signal drop dramatically and your battery life jump big time. It also helps to put the phone in Airplane mode, then shut it off for a few minutes each time you do it. Then turn it back on and take it out of Airplane mode. But like I said, wait a few hours?. it takes time for your OS and battery to figure out what you?ve done. It worked quite well on my Ally? I now get 18 to 20 hours of talk/webtime and if I do nothing with my phone at all, I?ve had 2 1/2 days with hardly any battery drain at all. Good luck!

I'm going to try this immediately. Hope my results mirror yours

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad