So I Rooted my Ally - where/how do I get Android 2.2?

HarleyChick

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my Ally today - super easy btw. But now that I've done it, what do I do with it? Where can I get Android 2.2, and all the other "cool" stuff I've been hearing about? Other than removing all the crap programs that Verizon includes on the phone, what's the benefit?

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
You can turn off things you don't use, use the phone as USB host (means you can put USB sticks and stuff in it) and my personal favourite: overclock it. :p

Loads of other things you could do. I've not done it myself, so I don't know half the things you can do.

HarleyChick

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
You can turn off things you don't use, use the phone as USB host (means you can put USB sticks and stuff in it) and my personal favourite: overclock it. :p

Loads of other things you could do. I've not done it myself, so I don't know half the things you can do.

Forgive the Noob question, but overclock? What is that?

dixonba

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
2.2 for the ally isn't out yet. There is a custom rom of 2.1 called velocity that you can flash.

Overclocking is raising the processor speed over the spec'd max (600mhz). However that requires a custom reworked kernel that doesn't exist.

Supposedly 2.2 is going to be released this month by LG...thats just the rumor and take that with a block of salt. Maybe a custom Rom of 2.2 will be released in a few weeks. Who knows.

My wife has this phone and I'm eager to get 2.2 on there because I think the phone will speed up. My incredible (with 2.2) clocked at 245mhz is faster than the ally at stock speeds.