texting to an email address

GloryB0824

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

The LG Ally is my first Android phone. I just bought it yesterday and am still trying to figure things out.

With my old phone (Motorala W755), I was able to send text messges directly to a person's email address just by choosing the email address as my contact, and it would show up as from [mynumber]@vzwtext.com . Now, I can't choose the email address as the contact for the message. I can type the email address in manually, and it will send, but will show up in the person's inbox as {mynumber}@vzwpix.com .

Is there a way 1)I can set up my messaging to allow me to send messages to email addresses, and 2)have those messages sent as texts and not picture messages?

willahlborn

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
1) You can, you just have to type the email address manually (as you discovered). It doesn't seem like they expected anyone to want to send texts to email addresses when you have a full featured email client at your fingertips.
2) Don't think so; this appears to be the way Verizon delivers text messages from Android to email addresses.

Is there a specific reason you'd rather send a text to an email address... as opposed to sending an actual email to an email address?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX