connect to pc

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Asking for a buddy with the Ally....

We tried connecting his Ally to a computer last night with the OEM cable....stock Ally.

He gets no prompt for disk drive or anything. Cannot access files on the phone or SD card.

Any ideas?

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Try another USB port, first off, they can get funky. Even restart the pc, and try again. If that fails find another cord, they can go bad, too.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Both the cord and pc worked fine on my Incredible, before and after trying on the Ally. Tried all the USB ports as well.

With the Incredible there is a "connect to pc" option under settings, is there no such deal with the Ally? I looked everywhere in Settings and could not find anything.

willahlborn

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
From the home screen, once connected, make sure there is a usb icon in the notifications area. Then, pull down the notification taskbar and tap the "usb connected" message. You should then be good to go.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
That is the problem....the USB notification is not there. The phone does not recognize the USB connection, exception does charge.

willahlborn

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Try going into "settings-->applications-->development-->USB debugging". Enable this. This may give the Ally the kick needed to enable file transfer between device and PC.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Did you get this fixed? My wife's phone has the same issue. I'm trying to add music for her from my MP3 collection.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I got it to work by installing the drivers and then telling the phone to mount the card every time I plug it in. Thanks for the driver source above!

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
It is tough to diagnose and try to fix. He will not try at home...says he doesn't have the time. We have tried at work where my Incredible connects just fine. But downloading the USB driver file at work is not going to happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke