Need help rooting please!
12-03-2010 06:37 AM
- Ok, so I must be an android dummy lol. I have read how to root my phone and I seriously don't get it. I need step by step instructions on how to do it. I also downloaded something called androot or something that supposedly rooted my phone but I'm not seeing a difference. I also downloaded a rom manager. So I may need to delete these...I don't know. But my phone seems to actually be slower after installing those things. So could someone please help me with detailed dummy instructions on how to root? Thanks in advance11-07-2010 12:53 PM
- MennoCoffee AddictThis is the most I've found:
Root your LG Ally Android Phone Easily! | Gadgets DNA
It's not "dummy instructions" but you most likely won't find those for this device.
Androot doesn't work on the ally, it was built for specific devices. There won't be many custom roms either. The only one I've found is Dapper Duck. Phones like the Ally won't have a big development community because most developers will have a Galaxy S phone, or Droids or something similar.
What rooting would give you is the ability to use root only apps, like setCPU to better manage your battery, and possibly wifi tethering apps.11-10-2010 10:49 AMLike 1
- I came across this one, have not tried it yet though, so I can not say for sure how or if it works.
There are also a couple themes and what not available too. There are also a couple pretty good how to videos on youtube that demonstrate with files from 4shared.com, using universal androot.apk.
Once I try them I will let you know!11-12-2010 12:44 PM
Androot doesn't work on the ally, it was built for specific devices. There won't be many custom roms either. The only one I've found is Dapper Duck. Phones like the Ally won't have a big development community because most developers will have a Galaxy S phone, or Droids or something similar.QUOTE]
Androot does work on the Ally, it's just not officially supported. Here is a thread on Velocity's Custom Rom. I use it and makes my Ally run a lot faster. There are also a custom Turbo JIT and overclocking kernel:
[ROM] Velocity V0.3 | LG Ally | Fast | VZB | Android 2.1 | Stable - Android Forums
Here is another custom rom also with custom Turbo JIT and overclocking kernel called Raptor:
Raptor v0.1 Release super fast and stable - Android Forums
Custom ROMs remove all the Verizon bloatware that slows the phone down.11-18-2010 09:44 PM
- drellisdeeROM DeveloperThere are several metods to root the ally.
1. Flash my recovery via fastboot and flash superuser.zip
2. Androot works great
3. rageagainstthecage method
4. z4root etc may work too but untested my me.
There are a few roms and I have made some lib.so's that enable the jit compiler and have a overclovked kernel I made too for some extra performance.11-23-2010 08:53 AM
- I rooted a buddy of mines Ally bout a month ago and these were my exact steps:
1 type this url in on your phones browser https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ndroot-1.6.apk
2 Once downloaded and installed
3 Download superuser from the market and install to ally
4 Once you do this reboot phone, you are then rooted with superuser permissions.
Then to install a rom you can use clockworkmod from the market
The best rom we have found is velocity 3.0 - allthough its a build on 2.1 android it still supports wifi tethering and app2sd
Hope this helps11-24-2010 05:29 PMLike 1
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- LG Ally
Need help rooting please!
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD