Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Clearing app data?

I was trying to clean up my girls ally last night. I noticed that facebook was over 57mb. But there is no option to clear the data, only cache. I am running a D1 with 2.2 and when i go into apps I can clear data to free up space. Is there any way of doing this on the ally? if she keeps going like this she will be out of space in a few weeks.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,283 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by racermech View Post
    I was trying to clean up my girls ally last night. I noticed that facebook was over 57mb. But there is no option to clear the data, only cache. I am running a D1 with 2.2 and when i go into apps I can clear data to free up space. Is there any way of doing this on the ally? if she keeps going like this she will be out of space in a few weeks.
    This is really odd, I have not had this issue (I have a little over 4mb of data). It should be deleting old data as needed. My newer phones all give the ability to delete data from apps. A couple things to try:

1. Try Force Closing the apps and see what happens.
    2. do a factory data reset (generally overkill but sometimes the only way to fix these glitches)

Good luck!

Global Posts
    11,645 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by racermech View Post
    Is the application saved onboard or is the app moved onto the SD card?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She is on 2.1 so all apps are on board.

I might of discovered a way to clear it. If you log out and log back in. I was working on my mom DINC and logged out of her facebook and it gave me a warning that doing so would clear all data. I am going to try that on the ally tonight and see if it helps.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get home last night and facebook was at 80mb....holy crap!

I logged out and that did nothing. Did force stop did nothing. Rebooted the phone still nothing. I finally uninstalled the updates and it dropped back to less then 1mb. So i reinstalled the updates and she logged back in. Was on FB for maybe 5min and I looked and the app was already over 2mb.

I think this is a facebook update that is causing the issues and not a phone/android issue. Hopefully an update will come out and fix this.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,283 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrier
    what's wrong with stock?

The 2MB could easily be your friends info. Keep and eye on it of course but that is no need to panic yet...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could always try uninstalling the updates to the Facebook app in the market and reinstalling and see if that helps?