Led Notification

babybear22

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I notice when I get a new text.. that it doesn't light the screen up.. I have no idea of knowing I got a new text unless i unlock the phone and check myself. Yes the ring tone goes off but it doesn't show any led light. have tried everything even installing an led notification app.. does anyone else have this problem?? If so what can I do to fix it?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I notice when I get a new text.. that it doesn't light the screen up.. I have no idea of knowing I got a new text unless i unlock the phone and check myself. Yes the ring tone goes off but it doesn't show any led light. have tried everything even installing an led notification app.. does anyone else have this problem?? If so what can I do to fix it?

Download and installl Handcent SMS (or another third party messaging app) from the Market.

From inside Handcent

Menu > Settings > Notification Settings > Notification Settings (yes that is not a typo)

Under LED Settings check Blink LED.

There are also other settings you can customize a number of other things

Just add a shortcut to Handcent to your desktop and remove the old Messaging one.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
You can also try NoLED, it was designed for the Galaxy S phones but it is possible it will work on yours aswell. i would like to know if it would work so if you try it please let me know if it worked or not

katvo

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
You should be getting a notification light if your using the stock Android messenger. Mine lights up Green when I get a new text and will blink every so many minutes to remind me it's there.
Aforementioned Handcent does allow you to choose colors for your LED but I never had good luck with Handcent since the processor in this phone is so slow. Handcent + Maps or + Pandora would make my phone over heat. I've always had to uninstall.
Sounds to me like you have an issue with your light. I would take it back to the store and see what they can do for you.