Help with unlocking and CWm

Kenneth Chambers

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I know many people have this phone and are giving up on it ever being cracked open, so I figured I'd start the first topic.

The bootloader is locked and its stuck on Android 4.0.4
There is no way to get CWM currently or TWRP

The phone can be rooted though!

I'm hoping this will spur up some interest.

Thanks!\

stargazingLily

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I know manypeople have this phone and are giving up on it ever being cracked open, so I figured I'd start the first topic.

The bootloader is locked and its stuck on Android 4.0.4
There is no way to get CWM currently or TWRP

The phone can be rooted though!

I'm hoping this will spur up some interest.

Thanks!\

Hi there can I ask a very silly question? What is 'rooted'. I'm a smartphone newbie...last device was a zte chorus from cricket & that thing's garbage.. lol thanks!

lbaxter

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
How's the JB experience on the Escape? I've got one coming via eBay, and since I can't find a clear-cut rooting experience, I've been scouring for any reviews on the update.

hammyhands68

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi there can I ask a very silly question? What is 'rooted'. I'm a smartphone newbie...last device was a zte chorus from cricket & that thing's garbage.. lol thanks!
"Rooting" your android phone is a way of removing carrier-imposed restrictions to some functions and apps that came with your phone. Or something like that. It's like attaining "Admin rights" on your pc, except on your phone.
There's more about it here. I would read it before deciding whether to root or not to root:
Rooting Your Android - Should You Root Android?

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey, i used cwm recovery and flashed a custom rom for my galaxy s3 at&t and it was a success. Id like to find one for the lg escape now please!

Posted via the Android Central App