Any lag or heating issues?

CPEjr

May 12, 2015
Visit site
I have had my G Flex 2 for about 2 weeks now and have had no issues with it at all. I'm just curious if any other G Flex 2 users have had any problems.

Posted via the Android Central App on my G Flex 2

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It seems like the ones that have had issues have been the international units with 2GB RAM, at least from what I gather from reading various posts. We know that the Snapdragon 810 can overheat and has to be throttled and that is too bad as I really like the G Flex 2 and am still thinking about getting one.

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I went ahead and ordered one off contract. Got a great deal on a new one from a legit ebay seller. I just really like the curve and figured I might as well get it and see if I like it. I will report back in the next few weeks after using it a bit as it should be in next week.

CPEjr

May 12, 2015
Visit site
I went ahead and ordered one off contract. Got a great deal on a new one from a legit ebay seller. I just really like the curve and figured I might as well get it and see if I like it. I will report back in the next few weeks after using it a bit as it should be in next week.

Cool! Just as an FYI, though. 1. I'm not sure if a factory reset is truly needed after initial setup, but I did do that anyway. There was a rumor floating around that doing that will help with lag. So far, so good. 2. I have disabled carrier bloatware and any other preinstalled apps that I don't need or use. 3. I have a 3rd party launcher (Action Launcher 3 Pro) and Moonshine Icon pack installed. I use that instead of LG's UI. Not sure if doing these things has helped with lag and overheating, but I get none. Lastly, I have ran 6 Antutu benchmarks back to back and initially got a score of about 52K and by the sixth test, I got 45K. Maybe some throttling there, but definitely something you won't notice on day to day usage. Even at 45K, that is still on par with the G3 and One M8, and still, that score was after six tests.

MjDroidx

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the phone but my brother does and I can say that there are lag issues freezing issues. Just the other day the phone completely froze for about 5 minutes. The phone wouldn't even turn off. I was surprised on how slow it was. I used to have a Rooted Galaxy S III running on CM 11 and it ran smoother and just as quick as the Flex 2! My mom has an LG G3 and it runs much smoother and faster than the Flex 2.

CPEjr

May 12, 2015
Visit site
hows the volume on the phone? and is it worth buying?

The phone volume is fine. It is on the back of the phone, but with the curve the volume bounces of the bottom surface and it seems to be louder than it actually is. In case you wondering, it does sound clear as well.

ericlc2

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
So i read somewhere that installing nova launcher will help with the lag... Long story short, indeed it has (although it's only been a couple hours). Noticeable difference though.

ericlc2

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to update..

I ended up doing a factory reset and added nova launcher from the start, so far no signs of lag.

r8doo

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
The 5.1.1 update solved all my concerns loving my phone now rather than considering selling it

Posted via the Android Central App

CPEjr

May 12, 2015
Visit site
As I stated on the fourth comment on this post. I got an Antutu score of 52K, then six tests later, I got 45K.

Posted from one of my many Android devices.

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have been using my LG G Flex 2 H950 for a couple of months now and there are some things I really like and a few that I don't. I love the curved screen, how I hardly notice that it is in my pocket, and some of the LG software features built in that I didn't have to download third party apps for. It does get a bit warm, especially when using the camera, and the occasional lag can get annoying as it seems slow to open some apps compared to my 2013 Moto X. I think LG could have done a better job updating the look and feel of Lollipop as compared to other makes but it works fine otherwise.

I do miss a lot of the specific Moto X features so I will be giving the Moto X Style a hard look when it comes out.

One thing that I have not been able to do is a factory reset. I have followed various instructions online and mine will not do it. I have been able to reset all of my other Android phones easily so if anyone can provide me with some help here, that would be great.

Last edited:

CPEjr

May 12, 2015
Visit site
I have been using my LG G Flex 2 H950 for a couple of months now and there are some things I really like and a few that I don't. I love the curved screen, how I hardly notice that it is in my pocket, and some of the LG software features built in that I didn't have to download third party apps for. It does get a bit warm, especially when using the camera, and the occasional lag can get annoying as it seems slow to open some apps compared to my 2013 Moto X. I think LG could have done a better job updating the look and feel of Lollipop as compared to other makes but it works fine otherwise.

I do miss a lot of the specific Moto X features so I will be giving the Moto X Style a hard look when it comes out.

One thing that I have not been able to do is a factory reset. I have followed various instructions online and mine will not do it. I have been able to reset all of my other Android phones easily so if anyone can provide me with some help here, that would be great.

To do a factory data reset, I have done this...Settings<Backup & Reset<Factory Data Reset. Make sure your battery is above 30% or it won't reset. One thing to speed up transitions is to enable "Developer Options" and scroll down to -Window Animations Scale -Transition Animation Scale and -Animator Duration Scale and change them from 1.0x to 0.5x. That will speed up transitions and swiping from different screens. I have this enabled and I love it. If you don't like it, you can change it back.

Posted from one of my many Android devices.

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I kept trying it by doing the "hold the volume down and power down, release power and press again when LG screen comes up" but it never worked, yet it always did on my other android devices. Tried it again last night and of course, it finally worked.

I have not noticed much lag but I have also not added all of my apps back. I tried to use the Android Beam from my Moto X again, like I originally did when I first got my G Flex 2, but nothing would transfer over this time. Not sure what is going on there. Anyway, I will keep using the Flex 2 until I can check out the 2015 Moto X.

romiust

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Flex 2 on a recent ebay special after i read how the 5.1.1 update improves the phone. needless to say, i am running 5.0.1 and it really sucks. I am shocked how slow and laggy a phone can be. there is no excuse for this as the 810 is super fast. LG should have never released beta software like this. In addition the battery life is terrible. huge let down for me. Twice I have passed on the OnePlus 1 and I regret both times. But LG's software makes my OPPO find 7a's Color OS seem like a NExus. I am not on ATT so I am looking for a way to get the update.