Hows everyone liking 5.1.1

ericlc2

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Battery has improved and is working as should. No more massive lag. Anyone else see improvement or not notice any changes?

r8doo

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Loving it much better performance from the snapdragon 810, battery is better cooler running and camera more responsive its like having a new phone :)

Posted via the Android Central App

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Battery has improved and is working as should. No more massive lag. Anyone else see improvement or not notice any changes?
How much has it improved? These are currently on ebay for 350 new unlocked and I'm considering one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Mark Moore2

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
I got my AT&T GFlex 2 on Monday. It immediately said there was a 700+mb system update GREAT! I started the download and then my wifi went down with half of it downloaded. Ive tried every day since and it says I am up to date which I am not. I tried doing a factory reset then trying, nope!

Does anyone know how I can force othe OTA. my battery life is awfull and the camera looks like its from the original optimus g! I am desperate..

uw

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Use att chat support. They were able to force my flex 2 to update to 5.1.1. Not experiencing any lags after the update. And battery life for my normal usage has been great!

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Is yours unlocked or do you have an att account? I just got it off Amazon for really cheap, att but unlocked. So far no update.

Posted via Android Central App

CPEjr

May 12, 2015
Visit site
I just got the 5.1.1 update for my AT&T G Flex 2 about 30 minutes ago. I haven't really had any problems with it except for the memory leak issue that people have said Lollipop suffers from. So once I use it for a few days, I'll post back with what I think about it.

Posted from one of my many Android devices.

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Never buy Carrier branded handsets to avoid these issues.

The flex 2 is available for less than 350 USD WITHOUT a contract, an absolute steal if you ask me. Why would anyone buy crapware loaded AT&T/Verizon phones?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Never buy Carrier branded handsets to avoid these issues.

The flex 2 is available for less than 350 USD WITHOUT a contract, an absolute steal if you ask me. Why would anyone buy crapware loaded AT&T/Verizon phones?

The g flex 2 won't work for Verizon. As well as most other unlocked Android. There are some exceptions like the Moto X pure and nexus 6, but for the most part, most won't work.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

CPEjr

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Ok, after a few days with the 5.1.1 update, the only improvements I have noticed is battery life. Before I would get around 3 hours SOT and now I have been getting 3.5 to 4 hours SOT, and my screen brightness is set to 80%. I have never experienced lag or overhearing prior to the update, so I can't say that 5.1.1 update fixed that issue for me. Overall, I have no complaints. It's always a win if battery life increases after an update.

Posted from one of my many Android devices.