Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    19,909 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default LG G Flex: Who would get one?

I will admit, I am interested to see what it's like.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-05-2014 at 11:47 PM.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    gummyjelly likes this.

Default Re: LG Flex: Who would get one?

I'm always up for trying out new phones. I mean, I'm still excited for the Samsung Galaxy Round
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa
    petaf likes this.

I know I won't be getting one, simply because I already have a newer phone but I love the idea of flexible devices.

This SHOULD cut down on the number of cracked displays.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Global Posts
    8,138 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I'm interested to see how the future of mobile will look should flexible screens take off. This is a nice peak into what the future may possibly hold

Same here mate I'm always excited to know about latest Android Smartphones and their specifications so you recently I found a good article written on LG G Flex review by Techyclick so you check it out before Samsung galaxy round

I don't think I will be getting the flex. Seems I won't like the way it feels in my pocket. Might be very awkward. Going to wait for the LG G3. Loving my LG G2, but I think I am ready for a bigger screen! I have T-Mobile jump so I will be ready for a upgrade 😊

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts

Was playing with the LG Flex today in the shop, man the screen is great, very bright and easy to read. love it but it feels a little to big in the hand
    LG-isai
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,728 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

I most likely will not the note 2 was about as large of a phone as I could have and this is bigger

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Saw and held the Flex today and I gotta tell you I'm lovin it. Only con for me is that it is not full HD. Other than that, I would ditch my Note 3 in a heartbeat. The curve is perfect. That's what she said.

I am Aquaman!
    SoCalBIGmike likes this.

Yeah I have it now and I like it a lot. The only issues is that there is a WiFi bug that causes the phone to drop it right after coming out of standby. Also, if your brightness is set too zero you can see the ghosting issue, but if you increase the brightness the battery goes down a percent each five minutes of usage roughly. And this phone is definitely not a one handed phone or for people with small hands. However, it fits just perfect in front pockets!

Oh let me also add the volume and lock buttons are located in the back below the camera lens and they are geniuses at LG! It not only fits right but feels right too.
    Thanked by:

I got one.

Are you having the same issue with the WiFi being dropped constantly? For me it's a huge pain bc I don't get good reception within my apartment building plus I don't want to use data when I have a strong WiFi in my apartment. But the phone will lag VERY bad, at times freezes up, for about 10-15 seconds. And it will do this about ten times within an hour (I noticed this last night when I was texting and messaging through Facebook messenger). The messages wouldn't go through. Anyways I hope it's just this phone in particular. I'm still within my fourteen days window to switch either phone or carrier. So I'm hoping before then LG sends an update fixing the bug or I'll switch.

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts

Will wait it out for the next one.. If it matches up with my Note 3 I will ditch

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

I've had my Flex since Feb 6th and I LOVE it!

6 days with the g flex. No complaints at all, only minor issue i have is the screen has a lingering ghost from previous web pages but its a minor gripe.

No. Mainly because of the massive size because I haven't seen the phone in person.

Other concerns include the screen. I don't care for oled and the PPI is really low.

Other specs like camera and storage space seem fine for me and the fact that it has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad and a Krait 400 ain't too shabby either.

Like I said though, the size is just much to large... The Note3 is to large even

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

I got one and its absolutely fantastic!
    fast as hell, NO wifi issues, fantastic display, and feels wonderful in my hand..

Forget about the stupid reviewers opinions, and go to a store and play with one!!
    SoCalBIGmike likes this.

Not getting the Flex since I've only had the G2 for 3 months, but I did get the Flex split view and theme. Both look and work great on the G2.

Sent from my Xposed LG-G2 using Tapatalk

my wife and son love their G2's..

Quote Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
    I got one and its absolutely fantastic!
    fast as hell, NO wifi issues, fantastic display, and feels wonderful in my hand..

Forget about the stupid reviewers opinions, and go to a store and play with one!!
    So I'm the only one that has the wifi issue ? Sucks. But the battery life is great. This weekend i went thirty hours of use, yes thirty, and still had 31 percent left.
    wase4711 likes this.

yeah, I have never seen battery life on a device like I have on this thing..just think how it will be once we stop playing with it all day!!

Yep big battery and LG has it preforming optimally. Seems they figured out the right combination

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
    wase4711 likes this.

I've got one and I haven't been this happy with a new phone purchase in a long long time. The obvious comparison is with the Note 3 and for me personally, the Note 3 is what caused my ugly breakup with Samsung. Two Note 3s, bought 6 months apart and in different states both had deal breaking, fatal gps issues and poor tower signal at home..... but I digress.
    Anyone who's owned Samsungs and an HTC One knows that when it comes to lag free performance, the HTC One spanked Samsung and sent 'em to bed without dinner....... The Flex is even better. Seriously. It's true. I've never had a phone this snappy and responsive since my last iPhone (before the S3 converted me).
    Not to say the Flex is a perfect device but it comes very close for me. Some might hesitate at the resolution but it's a spec....... LOOK AT THE SCREEN AND WATCH A VIDEO YOURSELF and see if that spec is a deal breaker or if this screen is simply gorgeous. Some might hesitate because of the camera (it proves that specs aren't everything). 13mp sounds good on paper but, honestly, it can't hold a candle to an S4 or a Note 3's camera, either in features or quality. Seriously selfie types might want to look elsewhere. It's not a Nexus so some might hesitate at the skin. I like it. They took a page from HTC and went with dark, neutral black, gray and white in the dialer and messaging apps. I prefer this skin to Sense though. Just a preference. The skin also offers some options that Samsung might want to take a hard look at.
    Like every other phone, this one ain't for everyone. It might only be a good fit for a few but anyone who's already using an Optimus G Pro, Note 2 or 3 owes it to themselves to check this one out.
    wase4711 likes this.

the snappiness and responsiveness is incredible on this thing, and after a couple of weeks, I am still amazed. Coming from a note 2, and the HTC one max, I totally agree about the Samsung lag, and just being plain sick of touchwiz after 5 Samsung phones. I mean, getting a AOSP rom on them did help at times..
    yes, to me the screen is gorgeous, and I couldn't care less what reviewers think, or what the spec is; people have to learn to separate what they read and what they see, and I dont "see" any of the complaints that many reviewers have said about the flex. At least everyone agrees that it is the absolute KING of battery life right now, no phone comes close.

Yes, just like everything else in life, nothing will make everyone happy, but I am willing to bet that 90% of people who play with this thing will end up buying one. As an added bonus, we got ours from Tmobile, so they paid the 1050 ETF from Sprint, my wife and son got G2's, which is also a great phone, T-mobiles data/call speeds and clarity are FANTASTIC in Chicago land, and my entire family hasn't been this happy with their phones/network in many,many years...total win in every way for us!
    Dvoraak and Mika Kat like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast