Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kewlgirl73
  • 1 Post By wase4711
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is the G Flex camera this terrible?

I just found these sample videos and sample photos here: LG G Flex reviews, samples, manual & prices

I'm not so sure that I want to get the US variant anymore. Anyone have any experience with the camera?

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Is the G Flex camera this terrible?

Pre Productions Software. It'll get better with an update at some point. The g2 will have the same camera software. So it's just customizing to the Flex.

Here are some shots I took with my flex yesterday while at my college. Is the G Flex camera this terrible?-uploadfromtaptalk1391937658568.jpgIs the G Flex camera this terrible?-uploadfromtaptalk1391937676815.jpg

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk
    SoCalBIGmike likes this.

camera works just fine for me...

I'm defiantly not happy with the G Flex's camera. All of my photos have bluish Blacks. I have adjusted everything. The options only allow so much adjustment. And the stupid onscreen menu is not see through so when you adjust an option you can't see the change until you exit the menu because the menu takes up the entire screen. Just a terrible setup. My friends S5 next to mine displayed a pure Black. I am still on 4.2.2. Perhaps the kitkat 4.4.2 update addressed this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by jnyvio View Post
    I'm defiantly not happy with the G Flex's camera. All of my photos have bluish Blacks. I have adjusted everything. The options only allow so much adjustment. And the stupid onscreen menu is not see through so when you adjust an option you can't see the change until you exit the menu because the menu takes up the entire screen. Just a terrible setup. My friends S5 next to mine displayed a pure Black. I am still on 4.2.2. Perhaps the kitkat 4.4.2 update addressed this issue?
    Would love if you could upload a sample or two. Preferably using a free file host, Dropbox etc so there's no massive rescaling losses.

Certainly the Flex is not a great night camera but I did not think my blacks were bluish...

Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    Would love if you could upload a sample or two. Preferably using a free file host, Dropbox etc so there's no massive rescaling losses.

Certainly the Flex is not a great night camera but I did not think my blacks were bluish...
    I didn't notice it til I was taking pictures and video next to friends S5.. But, you can see it for yourself very easily.. Just point your camera at your TV and the TV Blacks will look Bluish on the G Flex.

I didn't notice it til I was taking pictures and video next to friends S5.. But, you can see it for yourself very easily.. Just point your camera at your TV and the TV Blacks will look Bluish on the G Flex.
    Ah yeah the usage pattern matters. G Flex is a tad bluer and maybe more realistic, S5 tends to compensate and saturate colors. But probably if blacks on your TV are bluish on the Flex they are not true black. When all the lights are off, does black on your TV still glow a little?

I will post some images in a day or so when I get home, I got a flat screen with greyish blacks to test on. I have 4.4

And I do remember at least one reviewer claiming that sometimes too much blue was added. It seems they changed the software again with the G3 because some shots from it looked like they had a blown out red value.

Yes, I read about the G3 update hopefully LG is looking at tweaking the rest of their line as well.
    Last edited by jnyvio; 07-13-2014 at 10:20 PM.

Yes, I read about the G3 update hopefully LG is looking at tweaking the rest of their line as well.
    Ah ah I remembered a trick, for low light when there is too much blue.

1) open the camera
    2) switch Mode to "Intelligent Auto"
    3) select whatever Mode you prefer

There seems to be a blue gain bug if the light levels are low enough, but you can clear it by switching camera modes. I had totally forgotten about this but it is still present in the camera on 4.4 Kit Kat thus far.

Is the G Flex camera this terrible?-20140713_215018_hdr.jpg
    Normal
    Is the G Flex camera this terrible?-20140713_215033.jpg
    Intelligent Auto
    Is the G Flex camera this terrible?-20140713_215043.jpg
    Normal after switching back from IA.

Notice anything?

WoW Great Tip.....

I can't believe this bug got by LG? And did not get addressed in 4.4.2. Seems to help but I still have some blue push though. Tnx.
    Last edited by jnyvio; 07-15-2014 at 05:35 AM.