Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tat21985
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G Flex: What case do you use?

So I just got my g flex and was wondering what the consensus is on screen protector or no screen protector as well as cases.
    I'm coming from a HTC one where I did not use a screen protector or case and for the past year I haven't had any damage to my htc one. The thing is that this phone seems a bit trickier to handle and it did jump out of my jacket in the restroom and narrowly missed the toilet so maybe it's needed.

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-02-2014 at 10:06 AM.

Default Re: What case do you use?

I'm coming from an S3 which I had naked for the last 6 months of her life, but I am comfortable with a naked phone.. The one case I saw at Sprint was an Otterbox, so I passed.. And it does help that I've had one of these for the past year! > FlyGrip - Welcome
    Thanked by:
    Topgonzo likes this.

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Default Re: LG G Flex: What case do you use?

At the moment, I don't use a case. Haven't found one that I like.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

I bought the double layer black holster case with the belt clip on eBay for 10 fits nice

Sent from my LG-D950 using AC Forums mobile app

I can't imagine using this phone with a belt clip - it's just too big and would be awkward looking at best - but, of course, to each his own.

I don't use a case or screen protector, but Incipio has some decent ones. I'm actually planning on picking up the following:

LG G Flex Ultra Thin Shell with Aluminum Finish | Incipio feather SHINE | Incipio

Quote Originally Posted by J0RDANDROID View Post
    I bought the double layer black holster case with the belt clip on eBay for 10 fits nice

Quote Originally Posted by grgiwoyna View Post
    I can't imagine using this phone with a belt clip - it's just too big and would be awkward looking at best - but, of course, to each his own.

I don't use a case or screen protector, but Incipio has some decent ones. I'm actually planning on picking up the following:

LG G Flex Ultra Thin Shell with Aluminum Finish | Incipio feather SHINE | Incipio

I want to buy this same case as well. Its a great thin case.

Posted via Android Central App

I looked at the otterbox price. Then went on amazon and purchased a bodyglove, a generic clear, clear and black, light green (match my Altitude 13 Jordans), pink for cherry blossom festival/cancer month, a caseformers with kickstand. I use the bodyglove a majority of the time. I wound up)with 2 car chargers a stylus and still payed half the cost if an otter box. My only complaint is i cannot find a true silicone rubber skin like the one on my EVO4G. All these "gel" skins are tfp vinyl plastic pieces of junk. They dont cut it. Im looking for the oh so hard to pull out of your pocket. Yet it's never ever going to slide off the coffee table even if u frisbee it from the couch rubber bumper type skin/case. I figure if i ever get a weekend off, ill stop by Smilies Flea Market and pick up 2 or 3. Im tired of hitting and missing with amazon prime purchases.
    Banned

I got the otterbox defender for mine! Love the rubber back! I removed the screen protector

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

I just got my otterbox today. I'll never have that "oh crap" feeling when I drop my phone from now on. Gives it a nice clean look to.

Sent from LG-D950 / LG G Flex using AC Mobile App

Having finally got mine, I will put on a low profile case or leave it bare. The curve keeps it in my pocket, where flat devices always tried to creep out and fall. So easy and secure to hold in the hand too, very surprised. IT WEIGHS LESS THAN MY ECHO. So no problem holding it up to my head for ten minutes.

I want to keep it that way.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Also still looking for a case. Don't like cases but I don't want to worry about dropping it...

The silly flip cover from LG, directly aping the Samsung S Case, looks neat but again I am concerned with bulk. May get a skin or such but they tend to gather dirt underneath....

I am not getting a bulky pos like the Otter for this, and not really planning on a stick-on skin or screen protector. But who knows. YES I signed up for accident insurance.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I use the tech 21 that I picked up at the mobile store and I love it!

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I really like the Otter Box Defender. It makes the phone easier to hold on to.
    I don't use the belt clip though, I just stick it in a pocket.
    I find that would be harder for some one to grab and run.
    Smart phone theft is on the rise.

Yeah I am almost definitely keeping mine bare. After a few more days, it fits perfectly in most of my pants and all but one shirt pocket. Fits all my coats and jackets nicely. Aside from pockets the plus of going caseless: the upper mic is clear, the rear buttons are easy (yes I can screenshot one handed finally), weight is only 165g.

Maybe I'll do a good cleanup and apply a skin if it eventually gets banged up. The main advantages of a real case are: more pocket bulk against theft, even more impact resistance, belt clip options, and a few specials of course like wireless charger cover or the 'smart folio' or whatever with Samsung-like notifications.

.....considering the screen technology (blacks are true black) that smart case may actually save a few percent battery by the end of the day.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grgiwoyna View Post

I like that one haven't seen it yet. I'm using the Bodyglove black tpu case with brushed finish

Sent from my LG-D959 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LG G Flex: What case do you use?-uploadfromtaptalk1399823134784.jpg   LG G Flex: What case do you use?-uploadfromtaptalk1399823183942.jpg  

Dropped and cracked my phone in 3 weeks. I was just thinking about getting a case right before I drop it Because I've been dropping it a lot more than I have any other phone. This thing is real slippery IMO. I've dropped his thing more times in 3 weeks then I did my note 2 in two years.

Quote Originally Posted by marisdaman View Post
    . I've dropped his thing more times in 3 weeks then I did my note 2 in two years.
    Maybe it's just me, but I would have bought a case after the first time I dropped my device.

I never had trouble holding onto my phone, but because of my job I bought a Trident case from Amazon. It's just like an Otterbox, but I wanted something different this time.

LG G Flex: What case do you use?-00tzcze.jpg

That's odd. It does not feel slippery to me at all. It feels like it wants to stay in my hand and my pocket...

Quote Originally Posted by DVJIMATT View Post
    I like that one haven't seen it yet. I'm using the Bodyglove black tpu case with brushed finish

Sent from my LG-D959 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
    Actually, I like that, as well. I may pick one up myself. The TPU is probably far less prone to cracking if dropped versus the Incipio because it's a hard shell. I actually did pick up the Incipio, however, a few weeks ago and like it a lot. It doesn't add much bulk to the device (which is already big enough to begin with).
    Banned

Just put an incipio dual pro on mine! Much less bulky than the defender! It offers real good protection!

SENT FROM MY LG G-FLEX ON SPRINT...LIFE IS GOOD✌