LG G Flex: What case do you use?

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
So I just got my g flex and was wondering what the consensus is on screen protector or no screen protector as well as cases.
I'm coming from a HTC one where I did not use a screen protector or case and for the past year I haven't had any damage to my htc one. The thing is that this phone seems a bit trickier to handle and it did jump out of my jacket in the restroom and narrowly missed the toilet so maybe it's needed.

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: What case do you use?

I'm coming from an S3 which I had naked for the last 6 months of her life, but I am comfortable with a naked phone.. The one case I saw at Sprint was an Otterbox, so I passed.. And it does help that I've had one of these for the past year! > FlyGrip - Welcome

J0RDANDROID

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I bought the double layer black holster case with the belt clip on eBay for ?10 fits nice

Sent from my LG-D950 using AC Forums mobile app

grgiwoyna

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I can't imagine using this phone with a belt clip - it's just too big and would be awkward looking at best - but, of course, to each his own.

I don't use a case or screen protector, but Incipio has some decent ones. I'm actually planning on picking up the following:

LG G Flex Ultra Thin Shell with Aluminum Finish | Incipio feather SHINE | Incipio

I bought the double layer black holster case with the belt clip on eBay for ?10 fits nice

Mika Kat

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

veno8mm

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I looked at the otterbox price. Then went on amazon and purchased a bodyglove, a generic clear, clear and black, light green (match my Altitude 13 Jordans), pink for cherry blossom festival/cancer month, a caseformers with kickstand. I use the bodyglove a majority of the time. I wound up)with 2 car chargers a stylus and still payed half the cost if an otter box. My only complaint is i cannot find a true silicone rubber skin like the one on my EVO4G. All these "gel" skins are tfp vinyl plastic pieces of junk. They dont cut it. Im looking for the oh so hard to pull out of your pocket. Yet it's never ever going to slide off the coffee table even if u frisbee it from the couch rubber bumper type skin/case. I figure if i ever get a weekend off, ill stop by Smilies Flea Market and pick up 2 or 3. Im tired of hitting and missing with amazon prime purchases.

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I got the otterbox defender for mine! Love the rubber back! I removed the screen protector

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

J0RDANDROID

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I just got my otterbox today. I'll never have that "oh crap" feeling when I drop my phone from now on. Gives it a nice clean look to.

Sent from LG-D950 / LG G Flex using AC Mobile App

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Having finally got mine, I will put on a low profile case or leave it bare. The curve keeps it in my pocket, where flat devices always tried to creep out and fall. So easy and secure to hold in the hand too, very surprised. IT WEIGHS LESS THAN MY ECHO. So no problem holding it up to my head for ten minutes.

I want to keep it that way.

ipeaches

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Also still looking for a case. Don't like cases but I don't want to worry about dropping it... :-\

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
The silly flip cover from LG, directly aping the Samsung S Case, looks neat but again I am concerned with bulk. May get a skin or such but they tend to gather dirt underneath....

I am not getting a bulky pos like the Otter for this, and not really planning on a stick-on skin or screen protector. But who knows. YES I signed up for accident insurance. ;)

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I use the tech 21 that I picked up at the mobile store and I love it!

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

EarnestT

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I really like the Otter Box Defender. It makes the phone easier to hold on to.
I don't use the belt clip though, I just stick it in a pocket.
I find that would be harder for some one to grab and run.
Smart phone theft is on the rise.

Posted via Android Central App

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I am almost definitely keeping mine bare. After a few more days, it fits perfectly in most of my pants and all but one shirt pocket. Fits all my coats and jackets nicely. Aside from pockets the plus of going caseless: the upper mic is clear, the rear buttons are easy (yes I can screenshot one handed finally), weight is only 165g.

Maybe I'll do a good cleanup and apply a skin if it eventually gets banged up. The main advantages of a real case are: more pocket bulk against theft, even more impact resistance, belt clip options, and a few specials of course like wireless charger cover or the 'smart folio' or whatever with Samsung-like notifications.

.....considering the screen technology (blacks are true black) that smart case may actually save a few percent battery by the end of the day.

DVJIMATT

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I can't imagine using this phone with a belt clip - it's just too big and would be awkward looking at best - but, of course, to each his own.

I don't use a case or screen protector, but Incipio has some decent ones. I'm actually planning on picking up the following:

LG G Flex Ultra Thin Shell with Aluminum Finish | Incipio feather SHINE | Incipio

I like that one haven't seen it yet. I'm using the Bodyglove black tpu case with brushed finish

Sent from my LG-D959 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1399823134784.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1399823134784.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 41
  • uploadfromtaptalk1399823183942.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1399823183942.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 41

marisdaman

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Dropped and cracked my phone in 3 weeks. I was just thinking about getting a case right before I drop it Because I've been dropping it a lot more than I have any other phone. This thing is real slippery IMO. I've dropped his thing more times in 3 weeks then I did my note 2 in two years.

Posted via Android Central App

Visa Declined

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
. I've dropped his thing more times in 3 weeks then I did my note 2 in two years.
Maybe it's just me, but I would have bought a case after the first time I dropped my device.

I never had trouble holding onto my phone, but because of my job I bought a Trident case from Amazon. It's just like an Otterbox, but I wanted something different this time.

00tzCzE.jpg

grgiwoyna

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I like that one haven't seen it yet. I'm using the Bodyglove black tpu case with brushed finish

Sent from my LG-D959 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Actually, I like that, as well. I may pick one up myself. The TPU is probably far less prone to cracking if dropped versus the Incipio because it's a hard shell. I actually did pick up the Incipio, however, a few weeks ago and like it a lot. It doesn't add much bulk to the device (which is already big enough to begin with).

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae