Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By ffejjj
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  • 1 Post By alhadee12
  • 1 Post By Shilohcane
  • 1 Post By yasirrfc
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default LG G Flex: Battery life thread

    As most of you are aware the flex is known for its great battery. Just wanted to have a thread covering any battery questions or issues. Mine seems to have gotten even better over the past week. This is from today so far.

    Sent from my LG-LS995 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LG G Flex: Battery life thread-uploadfromtaptalk1394579397241.jpg  
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-11-2014 at 09:59 PM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

    Default Re: Battery life thread

    Updated for the end of the day.


    Sent from my LG-LS995 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LG G Flex: Battery life thread-uploadfromtaptalk1394592970617.jpg  
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: LG G Flex: Battery life thread

    Unbelievable! My phone was on over 4 hours and still had 100% I only checked it periodically during the 4 hours so no real screen time used but it was still pretty amazing.

    Sent from my LG-LS995 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LG G Flex: Battery life thread-uploadfromtaptalk1394927388370.jpg  
  4. #4  

    Default Re: LG G Flex: Battery life thread

    Man it's LG lol I don't know what they're doing but it's impressive for sure

    Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
    Topgonzo likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: LG G Flex: Battery life thread

    Does using WiFi help with battery life at all? I never use it at home.

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  
    GetRooted's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    ROM
    DooMKernel v21 3021 Test2

    Default Re: LG G Flex: Battery life thread

    Why oh why did I buy a Samsung phone? I'll seriously consider an LG next time I buy a new phone.

    Sent from my Slimkat Galaxy Note GT-N7000
  7. #7  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,518 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,712 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: LG G Flex: Battery life thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mika Kat View Post
    Does using WiFi help with battery life at all? I never use it at home.

    Posted via Android Central App
    If you have poor cell service, then yes, WiFi will help.

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Topgonzo likes this.
  8. #8  
    alhadee12's Avatar

    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

    Default Re: LG G Flex: Battery life thread

    I have to say, out of all the phones I've used the Flex had given me the best battery life.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Topgonzo likes this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: LG G Flex: Battery life thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    Man it's LG lol I don't know what they're doing but it's impressive for sure

    Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    The reason the Flex is so good with battery is the Flex's OLED screen. Screens are the number #1 battery drain on cell phones. LED require backlighting and OLED doesn't. OLEDs are solid-state devices composed of thin films of organic molecules that create light with the application of electricity. OLEDs can provide brighter, crisper displays on electronic devices and use less power than conventional light-emitting diodes (LEDs) or liquid crystal displays (LCDs) used today.

    OLED Advantages and Disadvantages

    The LCD is currently the display of choice in small devices and is also popular in large-screen TVs. Regular LEDs often form the digits on digital clocks and other electronic devices. OLEDs offer many advantages over both LCDs and LEDs:

    The plastic, organic layers of an OLED are thinner, lighter and more flexible than the crystalline layers in an LED or LCD.
    Because the light-emitting layers of an OLED are lighter, the substrate of an OLED can be flexible instead of rigid. OLED substrates can be plastic rather than the glass used for LEDs and LCDs.
    OLEDs are brighter than LEDs. Because the organic layers of an OLED are much thinner than the corresponding inorganic crystal layers of an LED, the conductive and emissive layers of an OLED can be multi-layered. Also, LEDs and LCDs require glass for support, and glass absorbs some light. OLEDs do not require glass.
    OLEDs do not require backlighting like LCDs (see How LCDs Work). LCDs work by selectively blocking areas of the backlight to make the images that you see, while OLEDs generate light themselves. Because OLEDs do not require backlighting, they consume much less power than LCDs (most of the LCD power goes to the backlighting). This is especially important for battery-operated devices such as cell phones.
    OLEDs are easier to produce and can be made to larger sizes. Because OLEDs are essentially plastics, they can be made into large, thin sheets. It is much more difficult to grow and lay down so many liquid crystals.
    OLEDs have large fields of view, about 170 degrees. Because LCDs work by blocking light, they have an inherent viewing obstacle from certain angles. OLEDs produce their own light, so they have a much wider viewing range.

    Problems with OLED

    OLED seems to be the perfect technology for all types of displays, but it also has some problems:

    Lifetime - While red and green OLED films have longer lifetimes (46,000 to 230,000 hours), blue organics currently have much shorter lifetimes (up to around 14,000 hours[source: OLED-Info.com]).
    Manufacturing - Manufacturing processes are expensive right now.
    Water - Water can easily damage OLEDs.

    HowStuffWorks "OLED Advantages and Disadvantages"
    Thanked by:
    isdaako likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: LG G Flex: Battery life thread

    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/52vj9dj7f...-vRx5JIeqN2CXa

    So much work gets done on this battery. Here's hoping it holds up for a while. It's longer than my tablet and faster! My next marathon test should be an ebook with gray-on-black typesetting and no background services, but I would die of exhaustion first.
  11. #11  
    yasirrfc's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

    Default Re: LG G Flex: Battery life thread

    Hi, ive had the flex for about 3 weeks and it has worked perfectly. but since last day ive been getting a charging issue. usually, it takes 2 hours to charge completely but yesterday in 1 hour, it went from 15 to 19% but i was running bittorrent as well so i thought it was because of that and i removed the charger and put it on charge again this morning. after 2.5 hours, it went from 4% to 28%. bittorrent isnt running nor any other app and wifi is also off. so what would be the problem? and im using the original lg charger that came with the phone. i have tried with 3 different usb cables and 2 different charger plugs and 3 different sockets and even with my laptop. when charger is connected, it says 9 hours left to full charging. pls help
  12. #12  

    Default Re: LG G Flex: Battery life thread

    Quote Originally Posted by yasirrfc View Post
    Hi, ive had the flex for about 3 weeks and it has worked perfectly. but since last day ive been getting a charging issue. usually, it takes 2 hours to charge completely but yesterday in 1 hour, it went from 15 to 19% but i was running bittorrent as well so i thought it was because of that and i removed the charger and put it on charge again this morning. after 2.5 hours, it went from 4% to 28%. bittorrent isnt running nor any other app and wifi is also off. so what would be the problem? and im using the original lg charger that came with the phone. i have tried with 3 different usb cables and 2 different charger plugs and 3 different sockets and even with my laptop. when charger is connected, it says 9 hours left to full charging. pls help
    Have you completelt restarted the phone? For some reason, possibly heat related after torrenting, the phone is in a safe mode and only taking power in at or below the USB standard....from a similar issue with the Nexus 7 2013 I would say about 420-460mA....about 1/4 what the adapter can supply. Does your LG adapter even pretend to get slightly warm? Because if the adapter is still getting hot then you have some other problem inside the phone.
  13. #13  
    yasirrfc's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

    Default Re: LG G Flex: Battery life thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    Have you completelt restarted the phone? For some reason, possibly heat related after torrenting, the phone is in a safe mode and only taking power in at or below the USB standard....from a similar issue with the Nexus 7 2013 I would say about 420-460mA....about 1/4 what the adapter can supply. Does your LG adapter even pretend to get slightly warm? Because if the adapter is still getting hot then you have some other problem inside the phone.
    actually the problem solved on its own. i restarted it and same problem but then I uninstalled bittorrent and deleted 8 gigs of data that I downloded using torrent and then after a while it charged normally and has been charging normally since then.
    Relgoshan likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: LG G Flex: Battery life thread

    Quote Originally Posted by yasirrfc View Post
    actually the problem solved on its own. i restarted it and same problem but then I uninstalled bittorrent and deleted 8 gigs of data that I downloded using torrent and then after a while it charged normally and has been charging normally since then.
    Will keep an eye on this then, as I occasionally use tTorrent apk on my devices.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: LG G Flex: Battery life thread

    I've had my Flex for a couple days now, and with 47 hours on my battery, I am at 57%. That was like 12 hours on my S3! I'm loving it! And that's with average browsing, and listening to music a lot!
  16. #16  
    GetRooted's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    ROM
    DooMKernel v21 3021 Test2

    Default Re: LG G Flex: Battery life thread

    That's awesome battery life. I definitely need a phone like that.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: LG G Flex: Battery life thread

    ....I am a fool. I was nearly seventeen hours into a terrible rampage of catching up on ebooks, and I failed to grab a screenshot before it powered down. Grey on black is definitely the best battery life for reading...

Similar Threads

  1. Energy - the power of life
    By Hovik Harutyunyan in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2014, 01:01 PM
  2. 'Android OS' draining battery after updated to 4.4.2
    By Jiahe Liu in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-02-2014, 06:50 AM
  3. Moto X Battery Life (Alex vs Phil)
    By Rohan Mukkolath in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-15-2014, 05:24 AM
  4. Moto X Battery Life
    By Rohan Mukkolath in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 01:30 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 11:53 AM

Posting Permissions