I have an issue...I don't know if this is the headphone jack or my ear buds...but the slightest touch to the earphone audio jack into the plug and the sound cuts out...I have to keep turning it till the sound comes back to normal.
Is this the phone or my ear buds?
Should I send this into sprint? Thanks.
Posted via Android Central App
- 05-09-2014, 06:30 PM #2
Re: headphone jack
Could be the headphones or the audio jack. Do the headphones do the same thing in other devices? If so, there's probably a loose connection within the cable itself. Do other headphones do the same thing in your phone? If so, it's the audio jack. Try using a damp toothpick to root around, or a can of compressed air to blow it out, in case there's lint or other debris stuck in the jack.
- 05-09-2014, 10:30 PM #4
- 05-10-2014, 01:43 AM #5
- 05-10-2014, 04:10 AM #6
- 05-10-2014, 01:11 PM #8
- 05-10-2014, 03:22 PM #9
- 1,062 Posts
Re: headphone jack
I am pleased to report there were no surprises when I plugged in a pair of cheap earhuggers today. My good headphones are USB so I dug out the ones I wore while mowing last year.
So definitely test the phone with a $5 pair or someone else's headset, and also plug your own set into some other devices like a laptop/mp3 player/handheld gaming system/STORE DEMO ELECTRONICS. Why didn't I think of that last one before??
Heck last I was in that place called Best Buy, they had both electronics and headphones that you could just walk up to and use. I think the plan was to sell headphones by letting people hear how much better they sound compared to phone speakers.
- By Duncan1982 in forum Sony Xperia Z2Replies: 11Last Post: 05-28-2014, 05:07 AM
- By dt81 in forum Marketplace ArchiveReplies: 20Last Post: 05-15-2014, 04:08 AM
- By Lilshaq65 in forum HTC One (M8)Replies: 3Last Post: 05-09-2014, 09:30 PM
- By Primetimeplaya in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 NeoReplies: 16Last Post: 05-08-2014, 07:05 PM
- By alexsky7 in forum T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2Replies: 0Last Post: 05-03-2014, 02:52 PM