Flex still on 4.2.2...

unike313

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
So I just picked up a Flex and still showing 4.2.2. Now I know how to update but is currently stating my phone is up to date. Anyone had this issue?

Now of course it'll be 24 hrs before I can try again. Do I need to register something? Any help greatly appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Open system settings. Go to apps then slide to all apps then scroll down to Google framework press to open it. Clear the cache and data then force stop it. Immediately reboot phone and check for updates!

SENT VIA MY LG G-FLEX ON SPRINT, POSTED BY ANDROID CENTRALS APP....LIFE IS GOOD✌

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
So I just picked up a Flex and still showing 4.2.2. Now I know how to update but is currently stating my phone is up to date. Anyone had this issue?

Now of course it'll be 24 hrs before I can try again. Do I need to register something? Any help greatly appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App

What wireless carrier are you on, or what is the phone model code? Mine is LG-LS995 (Sprint) and Kit Kat 4.4.2 is already out. T-Mobile and ATT I think have also begun their 4.4 rollouts. But this is done by device ID, it may take a little longer before you can get the update. Several people who did the KK said they could not safely use Swiftkey.

From what I read, the G Flex will skip 4.3, and is supposed to go straight to 4.4 when it comes out: LG to skip Android 4.3 and update many of its devices to Android 4.4

Yeah, 4.4.2 was the snapshot they settled on rolling out...meh. Just as well these phones have a working file manager and no SD, and I haven't been hearing that anyone got the camera bug. BUT there's been something with replacement keyboards esp Swiftkey and Google keyboard. Strongly considering a factory reset on my own device just to be sure there are no upgrade related performance issues lurking, like how most of the Sammies rock a reset.

nesharm

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for waking up old thread, I never manage to upgrade my 4.2.2. Sprint LS995 Flex, and I saw the suggestion to clear cache and data from Google Services Framework, to stop it forcefully, and then reboot phone, but nothing is happening, I still have no response on Check for updates button.

Any ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22