Calls placed on hold issue

Valtoren

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I am inquiring if anyone else is having this issue. When I am on a call and I am holding the phone to my ear, either my cheek or my facial hair is triggering the "hold" button on the call screen. This happens about 10 times a day and it's SUPER annoying! I called AT&T and they couldn't find anything to resolve this, and they referred me to LG, and they were COMPLETELY useless. They just expect you to send your phone in for repair rather than seeing what options are available.

Anyone know of a way to either disable the hold button, or enable the feature that will turn my screen off when i'm holding the phone to my ear?

Thanks!

Valtoren

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
What device are you using? All of my Android phones have automatically shut the screen off when put up to my ear; I'm pretty sure even my T-Mobile G1 with Donut did that.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I am inquiring if anyone else is having this issue. When I am on a call and I am holding the phone to my ear, either my cheek or my facial hair is triggering the "hold" button on the call screen. This happens about 10 times a day and it's SUPER annoying! I called AT&T and they couldn't find anything to resolve this, and they referred me to LG, and they were COMPLETELY useless. They just expect you to send your phone in for repair rather than seeing what options are available.

Anyone know of a way to either disable the hold button, or enable the feature that will turn my screen off when i'm holding the phone to my ear?

Thanks!

Valtoren

Sounds like a defective proximity sensor. To manually turn screen on and off, one could originally just tap the power button. But people with various brands of phone have had a problem with 4.4 where the setting is ignored and power button always ends the call instead.

On my Sprint phone all relevant settings are stored under Settings > Call. If you are super lucky there is a small chance the proximity box is just unticked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20