Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Calls placed on hold issue

Hello,

I am inquiring if anyone else is having this issue. When I am on a call and I am holding the phone to my ear, either my cheek or my facial hair is triggering the "hold" button on the call screen. This happens about 10 times a day and it's SUPER annoying! I called AT&T and they couldn't find anything to resolve this, and they referred me to LG, and they were COMPLETELY useless. They just expect you to send your phone in for repair rather than seeing what options are available.

Anyone know of a way to either disable the hold button, or enable the feature that will turn my screen off when i'm holding the phone to my ear?

Thanks!

Valtoren

Default Re: Calls placed on hold issue

What device are you using? All of my Android phones have automatically shut the screen off when put up to my ear; I'm pretty sure even my T-Mobile G1 with Donut did that.

Default Re: Calls placed on hold issue

Quote Originally Posted by Valtoren View Post
    Hello,

I am inquiring if anyone else is having this issue. When I am on a call and I am holding the phone to my ear, either my cheek or my facial hair is triggering the "hold" button on the call screen. This happens about 10 times a day and it's SUPER annoying! I called AT&T and they couldn't find anything to resolve this, and they referred me to LG, and they were COMPLETELY useless. They just expect you to send your phone in for repair rather than seeing what options are available.

Anyone know of a way to either disable the hold button, or enable the feature that will turn my screen off when i'm holding the phone to my ear?

Thanks!

Valtoren
    Sounds like a defective proximity sensor. To manually turn screen on and off, one could originally just tap the power button. But people with various brands of phone have had a problem with 4.4 where the setting is ignored and power button always ends the call instead.

On my Sprint phone all relevant settings are stored under Settings > Call. If you are super lucky there is a small chance the proximity box is just unticked.