considering a g flex...

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Most of the reviews seem to treat it with lackluster praise, though at least some of that was due to price which has come down...

I know the screen is lower resolution than the G3, S5, M8, etc.... but dang every time I notice one in a store at a glance it looks fantastic to me. I don't know if they just had a really neat background image or what, but it seems to pop a lot more to me than the G3, which the people in the stores keep trying to steer me to away from the flex.

FOr those of you using it, is the 720p at that size (and lower ppi) noticeable? Does it make a difference in any apps? My eyes aren't what they used to be, I often take off my prescription lenses when looking at my phone now (couldn't get used to progressives).

I know the processor is good but not quite where the latest and greatest are, but again with the 720p wonder if it matters as much...

I've noticed on most user review sites, though the Flex has fewer reviews it seems to actually score higher than any of the flagship phones...

I've noticed the flex $99 on contract at BB, seriously considering it. yeah, the fact that it isn't common is a draw...

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
If you get it, you better like it as is. It's old, it's not a flagship, and LG is known to be terrible with updates. I wouldn't expect it to move beyond Android 4.4.2 anytime soon--if ever at all.

Adrian Rangel

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Go with the G3.....while I'm pretty happy with mine, I am noticing the difference with the 720 display and also the camera quality is kinda disappointing for me at least. That's my advice, I've had it for about 4 1/2 months now.

Posted via Android Central App

SCD23x

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I'll be honest- I never keep a phone for over a year. I bought this phone in January of '14 and recently I've been looking for a reason to upgrade (G3, Note 4, eventual Nexus 6, etc) and I have yet to find one. Yes, the screen is "sub-par", but in every day use, I never notice. The screen is massive, the battery is incredible, and the phone is fast. Runs 4.4.2, and runs it well. If you're heavy into the dev. scene, this phone may not be the best for you. However, if you want a fast phone with a large screen that has a battery that will last you at least the entire day, this is the phone for you.

Quoc Viet Pham

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Using G Flex 5 months until now, I'm pretty satisfied with my choice ( price plays big part since I bought it for $420 only ) even there are a lot of new model surrounded.
Low resolution is right, but acceptable considering it helps battery last longer.
I love the bended style since it fits better into pocket, and also in the hands.
One big plus is its long lasting battery. I use 3G day-long and it keeps working until 9 pm which is great for me, my previous fone was S4 but it could only work until 6 pm something. Also touching bended screen is just amazing, smoothier and softer.
Anyway, I like the new IP6+ ... but I couldn't find any motive to change to IP6+, especially at that crazy price ( 2.4 times compare to G Flex ).

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I'll be honest... I've had the flex for like 8 months or so now and I'm not impressed with the screen... At the store yeah it looked good but then I noticed how it had a ghosting effect when on a screen for too long... Battery was excellent with JB but went down hill with KK.... Honestly the only reason I got the Flex was the AT&T store was out of the G2 and I needed a new phone... However, it's been a good phone... Just disappoint in the screen really.

snowmutt

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Wife has had it for about 6 months now... and you cannot pry it out of her hand. She LOVES it. It has been the best runing Android I have ever been around. We have done a few of the Galaxy series, a Note, a few Sony's and a couple of Motorola's, and I do not see a reason to voucch for any of them over the Flex. It is a durable, fun, well performing device.

I would say I am impressed with LG in general, so surely a G3 will be just as good. But if you are interested, the Flex more then makes up for it's lower res screen. I can't make a comment on the support of LG except we have recieved a few security updates and a firmware update since she bought it.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Most of the reviews seem to treat it with lackluster praise, though at least some of that was due to price which has come down...

I know the screen is lower resolution than the G3, S5, M8, etc.... but dang every time I notice one in a store at a glance it looks fantastic to me. I don't know if they just had a really neat background image or what, but it seems to pop a lot more to me than the G3, which the people in the stores keep trying to steer me to away from the flex.

FOr those of you using it, is the 720p at that size (and lower ppi) noticeable? Does it make a difference in any apps? My eyes aren't what they used to be, I often take off my prescription lenses when looking at my phone now (couldn't get used to progressives).

I know the processor is good but not quite where the latest and greatest are, but again with the 720p wonder if it matters as much...

I've noticed on most user review sites, though the Flex has fewer reviews it seems to actually score higher than any of the flagship phones...

I've noticed the flex $99 on contract at BB, seriously considering it. yeah, the fact that it isn't common is a draw...

My friend has one and he loves it I to look at it and have no problem with the screen now if you compare it to a note 4 then yes you will be disappointed in the end buy what you like that's all that matters

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci