How to set the notification LED blinking every 4-5 seconds permanently?

KucukDede

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi everybody, this is my 2nd day with my LG, and I have been looking for a way to set my LED notification light blinks all day long.
I know people want to turn it off when it blinks permanently because of a bug or smthng, but this is how i like , I want that blue light blinking every 4-5 seconds all day long, just like old school cellphones' green signal light.
Is there any way or app to make this possible ?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) There was a way to turn that off in the old analog phones, because it ate tons of battery. (It just indicated that the phone was listening to the tower at that moment.)

2) There may be an app to do that - but expect your battery life (between charges) to be cut a lot, maybe by a lot more than half. LEDs eat a lot of power. (That's why the screen is usually the largest power consumer - it's backlit by LEDs.) You could, of course, do it with an app like Tasker (and maybe even ITTT, although, since I use Tasker, I don't use ITTT, which is a sort of mini-Tasker.) But, again, have a charger and cable with you and don't get too far from an outlet. (Figure that you'll get about twice the screen on time if you aren't using the phone, less if you are. Since the screen on time is probably only a few hours at most ... and the battery has only a fixed number of charge cycles ... and it's an internal battery so it'll probably cost you $50 or more to have it replaced ...)

Radio Shack used to have a flashing LED that was powered by a single AAA battery, for a few bucks. If they still sell it, tape that to the phone and buy a pack of 48 AAA batteries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty