LG G Pad 7.0 v410 - FULL Un-Root - Back to Stock

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

Like most, I wanted Lollipop on my G Pad when I got it. For me, I went the route of rooting and using CM 12.

It was good, but had issues, so I wanted to return to stock and man, let me tell you that it would a LOT of trial and error.

The process has a few steps to it, but otherwise is pretty straight forward.

Tools Needed:

• Hammer
  • Glue
  • Duct Tape

Ok, ok... I kid. :D

1. You will need the Stock Rooted ROM: [ROM][STOCK](V410 ONLY)KOT49I.V4101d | 4.4.2… | LG G Pad 10.1 | XDA Forums
2. Stock Recovery Image: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...5024&authkey=!AA0bVgyPhQbSMRY&ithint=file,img

[OPTIONAL]

- I downloaded the USB Driver suite so I can make sure it all connects and works, this really is optional, but I would HIGHLY suggest it!
LG Software & Firmware | LG U.S.A
- I also download this nifty tool called DP Tools by danielpinto8zz6 over at XDA. This just made it a lot easier to reboot to recovery and all that fun stuff.
[Tool][Win] DP TOOLS - Manage your LG device | LG G Pad 10.1 | XDA Forums

[MANUAL RECOVERY]

If you do not want to install the drivers and DP Tools, you can reboot to recovery using the following method:

1. Power OFF your device and unplug from USB
2. Press Vol-Down + Power and HOLD until you see the LG Logo (will only take a couple seconds)
3. Let go of the POWER button ONLY
4. Keep holding the Vol-Down, then also press Power + Vol-Up (so you should now be holding ALL 3 BUTTONS)
5. Wait for recovery mode to start and you can let go of the buttons

[THE PROCESS]

1. Copy the ROM and Recovery Image to to SD Card or Internal Storage of your device
2. Reboot to Recovery
3. Wipe, Wipe, Wipe
4. Flash the Stock Rooted ROM
5. Reboot and set up your device far enough for you to get into the Play Store and download an App
6. Download Flashify: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.cgollner.flashify&token=uytkUVR6
7. Launch the app and flash your stock recovery
8. DO NOT REBOOT YET (however, if you do reboot, it's really not an issue)
9. Open the Super User app that is already installed
10. Go into Settings and then find the In-Root (Uninstall) option and you will get a warning that Root will be removed
11. Complete the instructions on the screen and you are now back to stock

[TROUBLESHOOTING]

- If SU will not uninstall and just hangs, restart the device and try again
- If the ROM starts acting strange, Factory Restore (this did not happen to me, but happened to a friends and reset fixed it all)

Please let me know if anyone has any questions!!

Thanks!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Is this your original work? If not, please provide sources and/or reference material for the information you provided. Thank you in advance!

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Is this your original work? If not, please provide sources and/or reference material for the information you provided. Thank you in advance!

Ummm... Kind of confused.

This guide was written by me after working hard to get to the bottom of how to do this (I took information form many disjointed sources and put them together in my own words).

I credited people that I took information from and linked to the original sources for where I took them, but all in all, the meat of the guide itself is mine.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Did you reboot and try again?

Also, I found that if you go into About > Backup & Restore and do a factory reset, it resets the device but does not install SU.

I rebooted, resetted, reboot. SuperSU still there. It's useless now. Only shows an error when I load it up. Some how it upgraded to 5.0.2 last night. Oh well, thanks for the help. It's good enough for me.

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to say I remember, but was almost 5 months ago. I just decided to unroot because I wanted to go back to stock. I believe the instructions is I the XDA forum. You have to look for the post in the LG G pad 10. They don't have a forum for the 7

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

nicospanas

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I have an LG G-pad 7.0 v410 that is rooted but I have never removed anything that came pre-installed. I have also a custom TWRP recovery. I was wondering if I could skip steps 1-5 of the process. Any suggestions?

EDIT: It didn't work. I think because the update was already downloaded (but not installed). I'm gonna try all the steps later.

EDIT: Actually, the problem was that flashify was not installing properly the stock recovery. Once I did it with adb it worked, and I had the update for 5.0.2 smoothly. Thank you very much for the tutorial.

Last edited:

bethnesbitt

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
This isn't really unrooting the device for me. I tried this and all it did was unroot via the OS but the system is still rooted. If you hold the volume down key and plug in the tablet, I see download mode and in red it says rooted. If somebody else could try this method and let me know if theirs says rooted or unrooted? When trying to get an update, at&t says your device is suspected of being rooted and does not support rooted devices.

Flashing 41011a.kdz unroots the device completly, **** this is for us cellular.

What I did was when I tried this method before, it bricked my tablet, didn't flash the stock recovery first, so I had to flash a KDZ. Found one for 41010h which is a rooted version, shows rooted in download mode, Did this method again with the 41010h.kdz flashed, doesn't really unroot it still.

Has anybody ever tried calling at&t and seeing if they could send them the KDZ file?

NmNm4all

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
This isn't really unrooting the device for me. I tried this and all it did was unroot via the OS but the system is still rooted. If you hold the volume down key and plug in the tablet, I see download mode and in red it says rooted. If somebody else could try this method and let me know if theirs says rooted or unrooted? When trying to get an update, at&t says your device is suspected of being rooted and does not support rooted devices.

Flashing 41011a.kdz unroots the device completly, **** this is for us cellular.

What I did was when I tried this method before, it bricked my tablet, didn't flash the stock recovery first, so I had to flash a KDZ. Found one for 41010h which is a rooted version, shows rooted in download mode, Did this method again with the 41010h.kdz flashed, doesn't really unroot it still.

Has anybody ever tried calling at&t and seeing if they could send them the KDZ file?

ello,

do you have a link to 41011a.kdz? I can't find it any where

Swizzle82

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
same problem just always reboots to recovery... any help out there with this problem

I think an easier way would be to go into twrp flash the stock rooted rom, make the stock recovery flashable through twrp and flash it then while still in twrp use the file manager to delete su app from system then reboot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2