Anyone coming from a 2012 N7?

Jadien

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I have a well used 2012 N7 and I'm wondering if it's worth the upgrade to the GPE Pad. Anyone come to the GPE Pad from the N7?

Posted via Android Central App

anon(396452)

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from a 2012 then a 2013 N7 and I'd say it's worth the upgrade if you want a larger screen. For me, after I got the N5, I started looking for a larger tablet.

rjrobins

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
It's light years ahead of the 2012 N7. I loved my 2012 N7 but it was starting to show it's age. This is 3x the benchmarks of that and is 40% more screen real estate. Both are at 4.4.2 and it's considerably faster. The 2012 N7 feels great in hand and was a great tablet for the time, but I couldn't be happier I'm a 8.3 GPE owner now. Ask any questions...

Jadien

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
It's light years ahead of the 2012 N7. I loved my 2012 N7 but it was starting to show it's age. This is 3x the benchmarks of that and is 40% more screen real estate. Both are at 4.4.2 and it's considerably faster. The 2012 N7 feels great in hand and was a great tablet for the time, but I couldn't be happier I'm a 8.3 GPE owner now. Ask any questions...

How do they compare on the in-hand feel? I absolutely love my N7, but a little more screen real estate and some added storage would be great! I'm thinking about loading it with a movie or two for treadmill time.

Posted via Android Central App

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
The LG G-Pad is a great size in my opinion. Not to big so it's comfortable to hold and the screen doesn't feel small. That and the device runs really well

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

I have a couple questions about it. I'm using a 2013 N7 and like the form factor and size of the GPad. Does the IR blaster work on the Google Edition? Also, can you download movies/TV shows from the Play Store to the SD card? And what kind of accessories have you found for it? Before I get any new device I like to make sure I have it covered. Just a little OCD quirk of mine.

nelschroeder

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm still extremely happy with my 2012 N7. I have the 32gb. Feels
great in my hand and with a Belkin Bluetooth keyboard it is unbelievably versatile and functional. I'm sure the 2013 I'd killer but I'm still diggin' what I have.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

rjrobins

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
The GPE G Pad doesn't have the IR Blaster app that comes with LG skin. There is currently no IR Blaster app that I'm aware of. I have a G2 so I have no need to go searching in depth for one.
I have a Micro SD card in that has music on it but I have a Google All-Access Music account so I've never purchased anything from the Play Store. Sorry I can't be more of a help. I can tell you though that being a GPE vs. having LG Skin, there is no file explorer to move your apps to SD. Only way I know of is to root. Ask any questions...

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The GPE G Pad doesn't have the IR Blaster app that comes with LG skin. There is currently no IR Blaster app that I'm aware of. I have a G2 so I have no need to go searching in depth for one.
I have a Micro SD card in that has music on it but I have a Google All-Access Music account so I've never purchased anything from the Play Store. Sorry I can't be more of a help. I can tell you though that being a GPE vs. having LG Skin, there is no file explorer to move your apps to SD. Only way I know of is to root. Ask any questions...

I'm also an All-Access user so I don't need the storage for music. But I was wanting to put some games and movies/TV shows on the tablet, and am afraid that 16gb might not be enough. If I can download movies to the SD card, I think I would be a buyer of this tablet. I have an N7 2013, but just feel like the 8.3 size is the perfect size for tablets. And I gotta have me some stock Android to go along with my Moto X.