IR remote/Cyanogen question

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I've had my GPE GPad for sometime now, and one issue I keep having is the the low volume bug where audio will waver. I've already exchanged it once for a replacement, and the problem persists even on the new one. My question is, will installing a custom rom fix the problem, or is it solely hardware based?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for a compatible IR remote app?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I've had my GPE GPad for sometime now, and one issue I keep having is the the low volume bug where audio will waver. I've already exchanged it once for a replacement, and the problem persists even on the new one. My question is, will installing a custom rom fix the problem, or is it solely hardware based?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for a compatible IR remote app?

I've been wavering between this and the Nexus 7. Can you explain your issue in a little better detail? And I don't know of an app that works with the IR blaster.

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
When the volume is set low and I'm listenting to music (or a movie is playing), the audio will fade in and out. Everything else about the tablet is great, and I wouldn't call this bug a deal breaker. If you are looking at the Nexus 7 however, you may want to wait for this years model (rumored to be a Nexus 8 produced by HTC).

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
When the volume is set low and I'm listenting to music (or a movie is playing), the audio will fade in and out. Everything else about the tablet is great, and I wouldn't call this bug a deal breaker. If you are looking at the Nexus 7 however, you may want to wait for this years model (rumored to be a Nexus 8 produced by HTC).

I haven't noticed wavering, but the max volume is certainly less than what my note 3 pumps out. I could barely hear a movie on a plane with the gpe tab but the note pumped it fine. Its a shame. One of the few drawbacks really.

please back away from the screen

-MX-

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Is this happening only when you have the audio passing through the 3.5mm jack? I haven't noticed this issue with my gpad, but have had this same issue with more than one Samsung device. I found the (easiest) solution is to use one of those in - line volume controls so you can keep the volume up slightly higher on the device. Ever since moving to one of those I've been problem free on all my devices

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The issue may be more software related than it is hardware. If this is a known problem then the developer community may have included a fix within custom ROMs.

Before installing a custom ROM, I would suggest using an audio control App as suggest in the post above and see if that solves the problem.

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Is this happening only when you have the audio passing through the 3.5mm jack? I haven't noticed this issue with my gpad, but have had this same issue with more than one Samsung device. I found the (easiest) solution is to use one of those in - line volume controls so you can keep the volume up slightly higher on the device. Ever since moving to one of those I've been problem free on all my devices

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

So, funny story about this device the past few months. I tried to root the device and find a Cyanogen build to fix the audio issues, as well as have some extra stuff on top. I found a CM build, but that was for the original GPad, not the GPE, so it wouldn't boot. I was able to get the device restored and still rooted, but the audio issue was still there. I was using the tablet just fine for about a month and a half, when the 4.4.4 update was released. I tried flashing that over both TWRP and adb, and neither worked. I finally unrooted and went back to a stock recovery. Somehow when I unrooted it, the audio bug was fixed, so I'm happy.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
That's good to hear. Whatever the issue was, it snow fixed and hopefully working well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app