Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 403
Like Tree43Likes
  1. #101  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,856 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,353 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

    Quote Originally Posted by Aredubu View Post
    The back is brushed aluminum and feels nice. The device feels rock solid.

    Sent from my LG-V500 using AC Forums mobile app
    Is Gorilla Glass used? If so, GG, GG2, or GG3?
    Live long and prosper.


  2. #102  
    Aredubu's Avatar

    Posts
    227 Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

    Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

    Yes.

    Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk 4
  3. #103  

    Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

    Quote Originally Posted by Aredubu View Post
    Yes.
    So, was that "yes" to the Gorilla Glass? None of the specs I've seen mentioned GG, so I assumed that it does not use it.
  4. #104  
    Aredubu's Avatar

    Posts
    227 Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

    Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

    I read on-line that it is GG, but there is nothing in the box indicating that this is true.

    Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk 4
  5. #105  

    Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

    Quote Originally Posted by Aredubu View Post
    For anyone considering one of these, it just like the G2, but larger. Even the knock-knock. I love it!

    Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk 4
    What else is like the G2? I know QRemote and SlideAside but how about customizing the bottom buttons?

    Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app
  6. #106  
    Aredubu's Avatar

    Posts
    227 Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

    Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

    All the same, just no buttons on the back.

    Sent from my LG-V500 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
  7. #107  

    Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

    QRemote is extremely limited. Only a handful of TV brands. Samsung's has much more TV support.
  8. #108  

    Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatman View Post
    QRemote is extremely limited. Only a handful of TV brands. Samsung's has much more TV support.
    That may be true however on the G2 you can create your own remote and train it as long as you have the original remote available. I had to do that and it works well.

    Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app
  9. #109  

    Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

    Here's one the latest reviews on GSM Arena:
    http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g_pad_83-review-1004.php

    It's a very good review and goes into a lot of detail.

    Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx on Tapatalk.
    Phone: Rooted Droid Razr Maxx; Tablets: Nexus 7.1, Galaxy Note 10.1, Rooted LG G Pad 8.3
    Thanked by:
  10. #110  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,856 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,353 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

    Also, those that have the G Pad, why not post some good photos so we can see what the goodness you've got looks like?
    Live long and prosper.


  11. #111  

    Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

    Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    Also, those that have the G Pad, why not post some good photos so we can see what the goodness you've got looks like?
    I posted some on page 2.
  12. #112  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,856 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,353 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatman View Post
    I posted some on page 2.
    Thanks. I'm sorry I didn't see that and asked again.
    Live long and prosper.


  13. #113  

    Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

    Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    Thanks. I'm sorry I didn't see that and asked again.
    I can take some more if you want :P
  14. #114  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,856 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,353 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

    I had to make a choice between the G Pad and the Note 8.0 for work. I got the Note 8 because of the S-Pen. I'll be selling my Nexus 7.

    Note 8.0
    Live long and prosper.


  15. #115  

    Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

    Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    I had to make a choice between the G Pad and the Note 8.0 for work. I got the Note 8 because of the S-Pen. I'll be selling my Nexus 7.

    Note 8.0
    That's funny. I sold my Note 8 for the G Pad.

    I had no substantial uses for the S-Pen personally. I tried to take handwritten notes with it at meetings but my handwriting is so poor is was pretty illegible. Typing for me is a lot easier on these smaller tablets (in portrait) as I have large hands.

    Note 8 has some cool features. Hope you like it.
  16. #116  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,856 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,353 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatman View Post
    That's funny. I sold my Note 8 for the G Pad.

    I had no substantial uses for the S-Pen personally. I tried to take handwritten notes with it at meetings but my handwriting is so poor is was pretty illegible. Typing for me is a lot easier on these smaller tablets (in portrait) as I have large hands.

    Note 8 has some cool features. Hope you like it.
    Thanks, this one's primarily for work. I have a Note 10.1 I use for home. I'm able to share the Notes from the Note 8 with my Npte 3 and Note 10.1, which was a contributing factor too.

    Note 8.0
    Live long and prosper.


    bigcatman likes this.
  17. #117  

    Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

    Comments on screen brightness? Specifically compared to the first gen nexus 7?

    -Suntan
  18. #118  
    Aredubu's Avatar

    Posts
    227 Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

    Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

    Never used the first generation Nexus. Have the second one though. This screen is on the same level as the second generation..bright! I keep it at 90% and at night it can light up my bedroom.

    Sent from my LG-V500 using AC Forums mobile app
  19. #119  

    Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

    Quote Originally Posted by Aredubu View Post
    Never used the first generation Nexus. Have the second one though. This screen is on the same level as the second generation..bright! I keep it at 90% and at night it can light up my bedroom.

    Sent from my LG-V500 using AC Forums mobile app
    How is the brightness compared to the G2? I got the G2 on release day and love it so thinking of getting the G Pad, everybody but me in my family has a tablet.
  20. #120  
    Aredubu's Avatar

    Posts
    227 Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

    Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

    I have both and they're both freakin' bright.

    Sent from my LG-V500 using AC Forums mobile app
  21. #121  

    Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

    Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    Thanks, this one's primarily for work. I have a Note 10.1 I use for home. I'm able to share the Notes from the Note 8 with my Npte 3 and Note 10.1, which was a contributing factor too.

    Note 8.0
    Lots of Notes! What app do you use for notes/word/xcel?

    The G Pad will be my new work device to replace my ipad 3 and i already downloaded quickoffice and polaris on my LG OG for my Word and Excel editing needs. Didn't consider the Note 8 honestly. No good reason except price i think. Any advantages you see versus the G Pad besides the S Pen and note streaming?
  22. #122  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,856 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,353 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

    Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    Lots of Notes! What app do you use for notes/word/xcel?

    The G Pad will be my new work device to replace my ipad 3 and i already downloaded quickoffice and polaris on my LG OG for my Word and Excel editing needs. Didn't consider the Note 8 honestly. No good reason except price i think. Any advantages you see versus the G Pad besides the S Pen and note streaming?
    I use the S-Notes app that is built into the Galaxy Note line of devices. It's geared towards the handwriting capabilities provided by the S-Pen. So I can take handwritten notes and share them amongst the 3 devices.

    Note 8.0
    Live long and prosper.


    Thanked by:
    erwaso 
    erwaso likes this.
  23. #123  
    Aredubu's Avatar

    Posts
    227 Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

    Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

    Google Keep and Evermore allow distribution to other android devices and laptops as well.

    Sent from my LG-V500 using AC Forums mobile app
  24. #124  
    jaj324's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    232 Posts
    Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

    Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

    I have a fairly new Nexus 7 (2013) that I like just fine, but after I bought the Nexus I started using a LG G2 as my phone. I like the LG so much that as soon as my Bill Me Later account is back down to zero I'm buying a white G Pad!!. The G2 is the best phone I have ever owned!!
    Aredubu likes this.
  25. #125  
    Aredubu's Avatar

    Posts
    227 Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

    Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

    Quote Originally Posted by Aredubu View Post
    Google Keep and Evermore allow distribution to other android devices and laptops as well.

    Sent from my LG-V500 using AC Forums mobile app
    "Evernote"

    Sent from my LG-V500 using AC Forums mobile app
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ASUS MeMO Pad 10
    By srkmagnus in forum ASUS MeMO Pad 10
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-12-2014, 11:40 AM
  2. Newbie Question: How to get VZW Note 2 to work on other Networks
    By puremgd#AC in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-15-2013, 07:07 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-08-2013, 11:01 AM
  4. ASUS MeMO Pad 8 hands on & Specs
    By srkmagnus in forum ASUS MeMO Pad 8
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2013, 10:40 AM
  5. WIFI turning on/off + phone reboots
    By Milos X in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2013, 07:00 AM

Posting Permissions