LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There have been a number of tablet devices announced over the past few days. Here is Phil's hands-on with the LG G Pad 8.3 and a few source links to help everyone become familiar with the device:

Hands-On: LG G Pad 8.3 hands-on | Android Central
Receiving a phone call on the LG G Pad 8.3: A quick look at receiving a phone call on the LG G Pad 8.3 | Android Central
LG Official Announcement: LG officially announces the G Pad 8.3 tablet, will hit North America later this year | Android Central

Specs taken from the above LG Official Announcement blog post:
Key Specifications:

Processor: 1.7GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm? Snapdragon? 600 Processor
Display: 8.3-inch WUXGA (1920 x 1200 pixels / 273 ppi)
Memory: 16GB eMMC
RAM: 2GB LPDDR2
Camera: Rear 5.0MP / Front 1.3MP
Battery: 4,600mAh
Operating System: Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2
Size: 216.8 x 126.5 x 8.3mm
Weight: 338g
Colors: Black / White

What does everyone think of this device compared to the recently announced ASUS MeMO Pads: ASUS announces New Fonepads, Transformer Pad 701,Transformer Book and new MeMO pads | Android Central

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Looks promising, price is going to be the determining factor to its success in my opinion. Glad to see in the hands on video that it has a SD slot as that was not clear from the start and 16gb is a little low.

So ya if they come out under $300 should sell well, I will be picking one up.

ab2c4

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I am seriously looking at this for my next tablet. I am pretty much done with the larger 10" tablets, they are just too heavy for long periods of use and too bulky to carry around. I like the new Nexus 7 but I think the screen might be a little too small, and all the problems with this tablet are scaring me away. This LG tablet might be the perfect tablet for me. As long as it comes out in the US at around $300 and they don't over price it. Hopefully it performs well. Does anybody know how LG is as far as pushing out Android updates? Asus is decent doing this, Samsung is kind of slow with their updates, I have never used an LG phone or tablet so I am not familiar with them.

Right now I will either get this tablet or the Ipad Mini 2 (depending on release date and specs) since the 8" tablet size I feel is the best size for me.

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad I waited and pre-ordered this. I think this is going to be the ideal tablet for me once I can root it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Already pre ordered the black one. I was expecting $300, but it's still a good price for what it is. It's the best 8" tablet on the market currently. Hopefully they ship soon.

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
My receipt reads, "...*Pre-order release date is October 25."

You can only interpret that one way.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
My receipt reads, "...*Pre-order release date is October 25."

You can only interpret that one way.

LOL!

Sick deal for a 8" Tablet with the released specs and screen. It costs as much as Nexus 4! and supposedly the Nexus 5!

Can you pre-order online and pick up in store?

EDIT: Apparently it can only be shipped. Not picked up. Also, when you go to checkout, screen says Estimated Arrival: 10/25-10/30/2013

Last edited:

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I paid thru PayPal. The website stated that ,y account would not be charged until the device was ready to ship. As of today, my account has been charged.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I like this. This is what Samsung's Galaxy Tab 3 should have been. I hope this device does well as it will force Samsung to correct the resolution and a few other specs of the Tab 3 and Note 8.0 perhaps sooner rather than later. For those of you that will be getting one of these I hope cases aren't too hard to find.

from my '14 Note 10.1

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I like this. This is what Samsung's Galaxy Tab 3 should have been. I hope this device does well as it will force Samsung to correct the resolution and a few other specs of the Tab 3 and Note 8.0 perhaps sooner rather than later. For those of you that will be getting one of these I hope cases aren't too hard to find.

from my '14 Note 10.1

Case? On this handsome, slick beast? Surely you jest. This baby is going nude.