LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, this one's primarily for work. I have a Note 10.1 I use for home. I'm able to share the Notes from the Note 8 with my Npte 3 and Note 10.1, which was a contributing factor too.

Note 8.0

Lots of Notes! What app do you use for notes/word/xcel?

The G Pad will be my new work device to replace my ipad 3 and i already downloaded quickoffice and polaris on my LG OG for my Word and Excel editing needs. Didn't consider the Note 8 honestly. No good reason except price i think. Any advantages you see versus the G Pad besides the S Pen and note streaming?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Lots of Notes! What app do you use for notes/word/xcel?

The G Pad will be my new work device to replace my ipad 3 and i already downloaded quickoffice and polaris on my LG OG for my Word and Excel editing needs. Didn't consider the Note 8 honestly. No good reason except price i think. Any advantages you see versus the G Pad besides the S Pen and note streaming?

I use the S-Notes app that is built into the Galaxy Note line of devices. It's geared towards the handwriting capabilities provided by the S-Pen. So I can take handwritten notes and share them amongst the 3 devices.

Note 8.0

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Google Keep and Evermore allow distribution to other android devices and laptops as well.

Sent from my LG-V500 using AC Forums mobile app

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a fairly new Nexus 7 (2013) that I like just fine, but after I bought the Nexus I started using a LG G2 as my phone. I like the LG so much that as soon as my Bill Me Later account is back down to zero I'm buying a white G Pad!!. The G2 is the best phone I have ever owned!!

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
In case I've missed it, has there been independent confirmation that this actually supports slimport output to a TV?

And if so, what particular dongle is needed?

-Suntan

MightyT

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
In case I've missed it, has there been independent confirmation that this actually supports slimport output to a TV?

And if so, what particular dongle is needed?

-Suntan

According to my previous links posted here it does support slimport just like the LG G2. You can use an adapter like this (confirmed to work on the G2):

http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3176539

The nice thing about slimport unlike the similar MHL adapter is you do not need to have your power cable plugged into the adapter for it to work. Although it will allow for it if you want to stream and charge your device at the same time.

If I get this tablet after Nov. 3rd I will get the slimport adapter and confirm if it truly works.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Its available for pick up today at 1 best buy within an hour of me. Waiting for works approval to reimburse! Patience sucks! Hoping to have it by Monday at the latest! Arrgh!

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
On Dead Trigger 2, the screen is paused when you use Slide Aside. Hope that helps.

Sent from my LG-V500 using AC Forums mobile app

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I'll tell you one thing... If the LTE version makes it's way to the states, I'll be all over it.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk 4

MightyT

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
G Pad in stock at my local Best Buy.

usy5egab.jpg

I have a large credit on Amazon and had to fight the urge to buy this right away, LOL! I sure hope Amazon gets it on November 3rd.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx on Tapatalk.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why but I didn't notice until today while reading some reviews that there is no NFC. The is a let down because I would of used that to send the pics taken with the great G2 camera to the larger screen on the G Pad.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
G Pad in stock at my local Best Buy.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/31/usy5egab.jpg

I have a large credit on Amazon and had to fight the urge to buy this right away, LOL! I sure hope Amazon gets it on November 3rd.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx on Tapatalk.

The question is whether or not Best Buy will have accessories for it. You know, the usual suspects, Zagg Invisible Shield and a case that fits well. If they don't, might as well get the tablet from someone that does. Gotta protect these nice gizmos ya know.

Note 8.0