LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

lwood11

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
FYI, the full source code for the G Pad has been released on the LG website. This should improve the chances that we will see some custom ROM's developed.

kalo88

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Well, also keep in mind the price points. The most expensive Nexus 7 is notably less expensive than the least expensive G Pad. I know there's a difference in screen size but....

One device is sold at cost, the other isn't?

Posted via Android Central App

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
So, what accessories (case, screen protector, sdcard, stylet) do you guys recommend?

Only one person on here has a case. I ordered mine and wont get it until the 25th. For now im using the screen sticker that came on the device and get my illumishield screen protectors by saturday to replace it.

dannysmith43

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

I'm really looking at buying this tablet but I have a couple of questions for current owners...

Is the USB port Slimport compatable?

What's the wireless like? I'll be mainly using this tab for streaming movies from my NAS. I'm especially interested in the 5GHz N wireless performance?

Thanks

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

I'm really looking at buying this tablet but I have a couple of questions for current owners...

Is the USB port Slimport compatable?

What's the wireless like? I'll be mainly using this tab for streaming movies from my NAS. I'm especially interested in the 5GHz N wireless performance?

Thanks

Someone here said it is slim port compatible.

Connects to wireless fast. My home dsl, work network router and my lg og hotspot. I can get some speed tests tomorrow

dannysmith43

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Someone here said it is slim port compatible.

Connects to wireless fast. My home dsl, work network router and my lg og hotspot. I can get some speed tests tomorrow

That's great, i'd love to know how strong the WIFi connection is, also what speed it connects. I currently have a 2012 Nexus and the WIFI isn't very good at all.

MightyT

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Wow, another favorable review. Very short by ZDNet and interestingly they compared the G Pad to it's proper competition and price points.

LG G Pad 8.3 review: Gorgeous Android tablet and handy smartphone companion | ZDNet

I appreciate the comments on the premium feel of this tablet. It actually feels more premium than my spousal unit's much more expensive GNote 10.1 plastic tablet (still a great tablet but too much plastic).

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Tested off the DS3 at work and the other off of my ATT LTE hotspot through my LG OG

Attachments

• TestNetwork.jpg
    TestNetwork.jpg
    527.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Test ATT.jpg
    Test ATT.jpg
    559.5 KB · Views: 38

MarkFL88

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I had the blue line again so I took my tablet back to Best Buy for a new one. I am glad I did my first one had a good amount of light bleed in the top right and left corners this new one has next to no light bleed. So far the new one has been perfect...hope it stays that way. :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams