LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

stevenkisor1

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I just went to a local Best Buy to see this beast in person (Best Buy's website shows its available). I'm actually typing this in their parking lot. It took several employees to find one (an employee) who even knew that LG even made a tablet. He told me that they had them "in the back" and "would probably be putting them on display in the next couple weeks".
Wow.... what kind of marketing strategy is that?? I wonder if LG knows that this is how their newest star product is being marketed.
There are 2 Best Buys in Fort Wayne. The other store does not have them (according to website) and an employee I asked about it there last weekend didn't know anything about it either.
I don't understand LG's decision to partner with Best Buy for exclusivity, if thats the way the product is handled and sold (or not sold, in this case).

Posted via Android Central App

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I find it mind boggling that LG is JUST using BB. Why not AMZN and others? Other than us aficianados no one will ever know it exists, the positive reviews notwithstanding. And no decent cases available. And will this thing ever get 4.4?

kalo88

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Sadly unless the device is 'Samsung' or 'Apple'... they don't really get pushed.

The launch here in the UK is much the same, I had to tweet LG UK who said its for sale in Asda (Owned by WalMart) but I had absolutely no clue until they told me... no announcement, no advertising, a page on their website that's hidden from general view unless you know the URL.

They need to do more to attract attention! Based on LG's previous attempts of updating devices i'm not holding my breath it'll see many if any updates sadly.. We can hope, sony improved but it took them a long time!

lwood11

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I find it mind boggling that LG is JUST using BB. Why not AMZN and others? Other than us aficianados no one will ever know it exists, the positive reviews notwithstanding. And no decent cases available. And will this thing ever get 4.4?

As of today, the G Pad now shows up on the Newegg.com website for pre-order. It's supposed to be available on Nov. 15. This suggests that LG has been holding off a marketing push in the US until it has enough stock built up. Maybe we can expect to see it at more retailers by the end of November.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

I have a conspiracy theory that BB has been giving tech companies a pretty favorable cut of the initial sales if they release exclusively with them for a time.

A while back I was in need of a new laptop and was waiting for the Haswell models to pop up. Stopped into BB on a lark and they had 3 or 4 when Newegg and Amazon weren't showing a thing.

-Suntan

MarkFL88

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
It is pretty sad that Best Buy does not even have them out on display when I bought mine I had to tell the staff about it they had no clue and had to look it up. They had two in stock up in the storage cabinet that they had to go get a ladder to get one down. When I took my first one back for an exchange the girl who helped me said she did not even know LG made tablets. I educated the customer service girl on the tablet and how nice it was she was impressed with it said it was like the iPad mini which annoyed me. LOL.

h3ndr1x

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I love the g pad, it's fast, the screen is ridiculous...so clear, what worries me is that there are no cases one, and two lg is known for no software updates, I want to keep it but after all the things I have read about promotions and how best buy didn't know the tab even existed makes me really nervous, I am debating taking it back to get the note 8, not because it's a better tab, but because I will know it will most likely be supported in the future, any words of encouragement?

BriVG

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
It is pretty sad that Best Buy does not even have them out on display when I bought mine I had to tell the staff about it they had no clue and had to look it up. They had two in stock up in the storage cabinet that they had to go get a ladder to get one down. When I took my first one back for an exchange the girl who helped me said she did not even know LG made tablets. I educated the customer service girl on the tablet and how nice it was she was impressed with it said it was like the iPad mini which annoyed me. LOL.

This. My experience exactly...

h3ndr1x

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
What else irritating to me are reviews, look the proclessor is more than enough, the performance blows the n7 out of the water I put them side by side, expandable surrogate and a full HD display??? No other tab offers all these things and not to mention the build quality reflects that of an Apple product yet only a few positive reviews???? Are you kidding? I have had just about every major tab on the market, let me tell you this tab is special, the size is perfect, the screen is amazing, nothing lags, and web browsing really is enjoyable. Lg took every positive from a multitude of tabs and combined it to make this tab, I agree it's not 100% perfect but be Damon sure itablet the best sub 10 inch tab oit right now

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I love the g pad, it's fast, the screen is ridiculous...so clear, what worries me is that there are no cases one, and two lg is known for no software updates, I want to keep it but after all the things I have read about promotions and how best buy didn't know the tab even existed makes me really nervous, I am debating taking it back to get the note 8, not because it's a better tab, but because I will know it will most likely be supported in the future, any words of encouragement?

Yes, buy the best tablet which is the G Pad. Even if the Note 8 gets every software update the build, size, screen etc.. will still be better on the G Pads.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
The G2 has been out for months and only recently has there been any commercials for it. I think the G Pad Will be the same.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk 4

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I just checked newegg and its NOT listed, just a cheesy screen protector.

As of today, the G Pad now shows up on the Newegg.com website for pre-order. It's supposed to be available on Nov. 15. This suggests that LG has been holding off a marketing push in the US until it has enough stock built up. Maybe we can expect to see it at more retailers by the end of November.

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I have never before owned an lg product so the g pad is my first. I've owned every full size iPad up through the ipad3 and the mini1. I had the nexus 7 and the new nexus 7 and for a few days the very likable Sammy tab 3 8.0 that I returned to amzn in order to get the glad at BB to try out. As such I'm an experienced tab user. And have dealt with CS at apple, google Samsung etc. All this to say my first and only experience with Lg CS phone support was lousy. Tech support for tablets rang for 10 minutes and this was Saturday night. No one ever picked up and I gave up. Its just another indication in my view of what is and will be a lack of support and backup for the gtab. No decent cases as yet. Amzn has one that notes no cutout for camera. Lol

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I have never before owned an lg product so the g pad is my first. I've owned every full size iPad up through the ipad3 and the mini1. I had the nexus 7 and the new nexus 7 and for a few days the very likable Sammy tab 3 8.0 that I returned to amzn in order to get the glad at BB to try out. As such I'm an experienced tab user. And have dealt with CS at apple, google Samsung etc. All this to say my first and only experience with Lg CS phone support was lousy. Tech support for tablets rang for 10 minutes and this was Saturday night. No one ever picked up and I gave up. Its just another indication in my view of what is and will be a lack of support and backup for the gtab. No decent cases as yet. Amzn has one that notes no cutout for camera. Lol

What did you need support for.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams