Root available for G Pad?

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Saw that too. Interested to know. Confirmed root-ability would be another big plus for this thing.

-Suntan

Colbane

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I ran the benchmark application that someone reported was showing bad performance. My score was 13335. Seemed pretty good. I ran it again later and got a 9599. I haven't had any performance issues, but I have to question either the benchmark or its ability to test the core correctly.

Invisible J

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
How about posting the steps you took to help others?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

On your computer, download and install the Kingo Root program from here:

Root Android phone, flash custom ROM and manage your Android devices, Rooting Freeware Download - Kingo

Start up the program and it will tell you exactly what to do.

I haven't used it on my G Pad yet, but I have used it on a few different phones . After using other root methods, Kingo Root is about as simple as it gets.

oesjmr

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
On your computer, download and install the Kingo Root program from here:

Root Android phone, flash custom ROM and manage your Android devices, Rooting Freeware Download - Kingo

Start up the program and it will tell you exactly what to do.

I haven't used it on my G Pad yet, but I have used it on a few different phones . After using other root methods, Kingo Root is about as simple as it gets.

This is mostly right, here's what I had to do.

1 - Download LG's drivers to your PC under the Software Update tab from LG's website. Install the drivers.
2 - Turn on Developer Mode on your G Pad, System Settings-->About Tablet-->Software information-->Tap Build number 7 times.
3 - After Developer Mode is enabled, go to System Settings-->Developer options-->and place checkmark next to USB debugging.
4 - On your PC, go to the Kingo Root website, download and install the program.
5 - Plug your G Pad into your PC via USB cable, run the Kingo Root software and follow the prompts.
6 - Enjoy your rooted G Pad!

MightyT

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Broke down and bought one last night. Charged it, and following the steps above rooted this thing right away. Easiest root I've ever done. Thanks again for the step by step. Enjoying this tablet very much.

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
is there any risk involved in using the Kingo App to root? Is there any possibility of bricking the device during the Kingo root process or is it foolproof? If it could brick the device then isn't it best to wait for a custom recovery?

oesjmr

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
There's always a chance of something going wrong whenever you root, but the process used by the Kingo method is pretty foolproof as long as you follow the instructions.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
This is mostly right, here's what I had to do.

1 - Download LG's drivers to your PC under the Software Update tab from LG's website. Install the drivers.
2 - Turn on Developer Mode on your G Pad, System Settings-->About Tablet-->Software information-->Tap Build number 7 times.
3 - After Developer Mode is enabled, go to System Settings-->Developer options-->and place checkmark next to USB debugging.
4 - On your PC, go to the Kingo Root website, download and install the program.
5 - Plug your G Pad into your PC via USB cable, run the Kingo Root software and follow the prompts.
6 - Enjoy your rooted G Pad!

u ain't just whistling Dixie.... easiest method ever! thanx for detailed instructions : )

BTC

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks folks.:D

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk 4
Aredubo, thanks for all your posts on the G Pad 8.3. You inspired me to get it and I'm so happy I did. This is really a great device. I also ordered the same case you got from South Korea and I hope it arrives soon. Thanks again for sharing your experiences with this great tablet.

katsika

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Can i ask a question for the people who have rooted their lg g pad with kingpo app? If i have rooted my pad and then perform a factory reset/restore system will it be like new or will it still have the super user binaries that were pushed in the tablet by the kingpo app? As the pad comes with 2 years warranty, i want to know if there is a way to revert the pad back to its factory state if i ever need to return it.

Tribe

Nov 4, 2013
www.facebook.com
Can i ask a question for the people who have rooted their lg g pad with kingpo app? If i have rooted my pad and then perform a factory reset/restore system will it be like new or will it still have the super user binaries that were pushed in the tablet by the kingpo app? As the pad comes with 2 years warranty, i want to know if there is a way to revert the pad back to its factory state if i ever need to return it.

You can unroot it with kingo as well as root it =)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk